Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

another evo 8 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: another evo 8 thread

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

Okay so i just spent the last half hour searching in this V8 for stories, times, ANYTHING that has to do with the evo VIII . I could only find a few threads but they didnt answer my questions. So if I missed anything, or if this is a repost, SORRY!

A buddy of mine...has a friend, that has an evo VIII that he claims to be stock. Now im not a big fan of these little 4 cyl. turbo cars that everybody seems to be getting now. I know that they can be pretty fast, but I still don't like them. He also claims that this evo can take my "little V8" hands down, no problem. And of corse im not going to agree. We would have already raced, but both our cars are in storage for winter. (the evo, i have no idea why). We are going to race, but we have to wait about 5 more weeks. So to my questions now. What will the turnout be if his "stock" evo raced my car right now with my exhaust and short throw. and the second question is, with the C&L intake with 91 or 93 tune vs his "stock" evo, what would te turn out be? I have taken into consideration the AWD, turbo whatever, weight...and so on. I have also taken in that I added about one hundred and twenty pounds with my system and weigh about 130. I also have the 18" fanblades.

any input would be great!!!
Last summer, a friend of mine went 13.7s all day with his STOCK Evo, it was a VERY hot day...115 at night!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Ok had to post my first loss...I was leaving base yesterday behind a Ford ranger, mid 90's model. Had a custom bed primered, no bumper, i could see the pumpkin, definitely not stock, braided brake lines, wider tires than I've got... so some money was in this thing.... As we get onto the straightaway, probably rolling around 25 mph, i drop to second to pass this guy... He floors it,ROASTS the tires and takes off. I tacked second gear out and he was still pulling away from me... my draw dropped... i expected fast, but i got amazing fast... I finally caught up with him halfway through third (he obviously slowed down)... rolled the window down and gave him an approving wave... he smiled anddid it again... broke it loose and split on me... Knocked me down afew pegs... I might need to mod the stang now...
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

guys these evo's are FAST. 0-60mph in 4.4 sec. 1/4 in 13.2. and that's STOCK. add that they're AWD, and wow...

basically, you will lose from a dig if you're modded or not (unless you got s/c, nitrous, or turbo).
from a roll, the evo's lose it on the high-end...so the higher you take the speed up, the greater advantage you have. i'd say you could take one from a 70mph roll to 120mph...both being stock. but from 0-70mph, he'll slaughter you. whether you're modded or not...
Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

Nice kills. The MR is the fastest model and the RS is the base. Evo's are probably my favorite non-exotic car. My friend got me hooked on them ever since he took me for a ride. He said I could drive soon. I can't wait.
RS is the base, but amazingly, it's faster. seriously, it goes RS, VIII (or IX), then MR. BUT, the RS is the fastest...seriously. trust me, i was gonna buy an evo, but they had no RS's and i wasn't gonna pay $37k for an ugly-*** evo.

makes no sense, but oh well...
Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I never raced one yet; but i know there fast. I have to agree w/ every body else. take him up top

btw; try reving your car to 3; and drop the clutch "quickly" and right at the top of the clutch,hold it for a second(aka feathering..prolly miss spelled that) and that should be a good street start. You'll hear a lil bit of wheel spin but then TRACTION