Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen on the way...now who to install

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default Saleen on the way...now who to install

Ok, bought the saleen Supercharger, now who the heck am I going to get to install. Local shop, Coastal Dyno will install for $1200 (YIKES) but to do a dyno tune they are diabolo. so they are a no for the dyno tune....so do i buy an email tune from JDM, that worries me....I am going to check with VMP tuning and see if he will do the install....and dyno tune..hope so...they are 90 miles away hoever, but I hear allot of good things about them....anyways, if anyone knows of an install shop in the tampa area that I can trust to do this install...it would be appreciated...I am going back and forth on whether I will order the new lower motor mounts..and I hope that my C+L (the aluminum one guess thats the street version) cold air intake will still fit....JDM says it will....
Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen on the way...now who to install

I am going with the 39 lb injectors as well...might as well
Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Are you getting the BaP or new fuel pumps? If you go with bigger injectors, I'm pretty sure you're going to need some upgrades to the fuel pump to handle the new demands.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

i'd get the engine mounts. JDM says they are required, but some say they aren't. For me I'm going to get them because my car is lowered with a 1 piece driveshaft. What does that mean you ask? Well my transmission flange has a 3 degree downward angle and of course I need my pinion flange to have a 3 degree upward angle to match. None of that is a problem, the problem is that the driveshaft slopes downard about 3 degrees and you don't want the U-joints to have a zero degree operating angle 3-3 = 0. I ended up shimming my transmission mount on the crossmember with some washers to give it a 2 degree downward angle and adjusted my pinion angle to match, giving my ujoints a 1 degree continuous operating angle which is recommended, 1/2 to 1 degree angle is what i've read online.

If your car isn't lowered then it's probably not a big deal. I'll probably get the engine mounts so I can remove my shims which aren't the greatest fix.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

Are you getting the BaP or new fuel pumps? If you go with bigger injectors, I'm pretty sure you're going to need some upgrades to the fuel pump to handle the new demands.
I think you can change the injectors without changing the fuel pump. I've read plenty of info that states the stock pump will work up to 500hp, crank not wheel. So the stock injectors are probably a restricter.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I took my car 2 hours away to get the install, (can't argue with quality work!).

I am lowered with a 1 piece drive shaft, and I do not have new motor mounts. I also have a C+L and it fits.

I would get new injectors and a BAP.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well it depends a lot on your lowering kit, plus your a vert so your rear is probably lower than mine anyway. I used the frpp springs. If you have a zero degree continous operating angle on your u-joints it's not going to let you know until they wear out. It won't make any more noise or vibration, they will just wear out prematurely.

I think he meant the C&L might not fit because of the lowered mounts.

ORIGINAL: Herknav

I took my car 2 hours away to get the install, (can't argue with quality work!).

I am lowered with a 1 piece drive shaft, and I do not have new motor mounts. I also have a C+L and it fits.

I would get new injectors and a BAP.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Some people have had trouble with the C+L fitting without the lowering mounts.

I have the FRPP springs as well. My angle is adjusted by my adjustable LCAs...
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav
My angle is adjusted by my adjustable LCAs...
Of course it is, the angle of the pinion. I'm talking about the angle of the transmission. You did make your pinion angle match the angle of the transmission flange right? Everyones transmission angle will be slightly different, mine just happened to be 3 degrees.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

You don't need a new fuel pump. Just the 39# injectors. Your fuel pump is good for around 460 hp. I installed the lowering mounts in my car and the supercharger and C&L racer intake tube still barely fit under hood. Your car may be different. In my case I needed them. I have JDM's tune and it runs great. I just told them the info they needed to know like if it's an auto etc. My air/fuel ratio with the tune is right in spec.

Quick Reply: Saleen on the way...now who to install