Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

steeda power pak

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:08 AM
DRidge09
1st Gear Member

Default steeda power pak

hi every one i dont normally post on here i just browse around but i am in quest of an opinion. i am wondering if any one has the steeda ultimated power pak and if so do they like it? is it worth the money? i read about it in the most recent issue of mustang club of America magazine and it reported a 48 horse power increase (not sure if thats true or not). my other question is that i live in greensboro north carolina would some one let me know of a good speed shop or mechanic with in my area id really like to know if there is any one with a dyno in my area as well.

here is a link to the power pak on steeda's website http://www.steeda.com/products/05-06..._power_pak.php

thanks,

Dridge
Old 03-04-2007, 01:22 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: steeda power pak

I am not sure if it is worth the money because there is no taking into consideration the rear suspension. I don't doubt the power gains but the rear needs to get that HP to the ground and they even say on the Steeda website"Get the proven naturally aspirated power package that took our Steeda Torch Red Q to 12.72 at 108 on drag radials and road race suspension" So you need to spend more money !!! You will need LCA's, panhard bar, lower it with springs, UCA, and make sure they are all adjustable. New adj. shocks (d-specs) and drag radials. That will help get those numbers at the track with a good driver....JMO J
Old 03-04-2007, 02:21 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

Default RE: steeda power pak

the power gains are probably correct... im not so sure, in my opinion, that i would go out and purchase this pak however...but i agree with upgrading the suspension of the car...... also, for that same amount of money as the power pak, you can probably do some more research and find another way to increase hp of the car... maybe not so much for drag applications but still make the car louder and faster, example is that you could get lt headers and an x pipe assembly through lethalperformance.com and get a new ring and pinion adjustmentand a tuner... maybe even an intake for a little more money, the charge motion plates as well as the steeda underdrive pulleys are two items you really need to do research on to make sure you want them on the car...

-good luck