Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why not to swerve for a dog on a rainy day!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 PM
csicotte03

Default RE: Why not to swerve for a dog on a rainy day!

Yeah that SUX big time!! I had a problem something like that with my last ride 95 Probe GT smoked a porcupine back in MI and it completely destroyed my front end and that cost me a pretty penny. In either case wish ya the best of luck at bringin back to new!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

killing an animal for the sake of your car?

The bigger question is whether the possibility of killing yourself and otherswhile avoiding the dogis more importantthan possibly killing the dog. More people get killed trying to avoid hitting small animals than those who actually hit them. Very rarely does one lose control of a vehicle by hitting a small animal (120 lbs or less). Before the animal lovers flame me, I've been training and showing dogs in obedience trials for over thirty years. I have also participated in dog rescues for several years and currently own two rescued dogs.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Damn dog
Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 PM
cbondlv
1st Gear Member

You should have hit it and told it to get its *** on a sidewalk.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
emt4fire1951

Wow! Brings back memories of about 15 years ago. My neighbor who I worked with had just finished a concours resto on a 65 Mustang GT. Went for a drive and guess what, dog, wet road - you guessed it. Spun out and slid the *** end right into a power poll. Nice big "V" in the bumper and trunk. He said he got out and puked for 10 minutes. On the other hand as a 22 year medic I've zipped the yellow bag around drivers who swerved and didn't walk away. I love animals but:::!!! Hit the damn thing, even a cow is better than oncomming traffic, pedestrian or cliff. Glad to hear your OK.
Stay safe! - Sam
Old 03-05-2007, 04:51 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the car.. Hate to see a fellow Fl GT/CS get hurt
Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I hit a dog about 20 years ago in my1986 Mustang GT. I was going about 70 MPH on a paved country back road after dropping my g/f off after a date. The dog, which I believe was a German Sheppard, darted out of the woods the last second before impact. The front right side of the car jumped in the air and then my right rear tire locked up as I slid to a stop. To my amazement, the dog got up and ran into the woods before I could get out of the car. I could hear yipping as he kept running away. Then I smelled something. After closer inspection, I noticed that there was dog crap smearedon the side of the car. I got back into my car and it drove fine.

The only damage I had was the front right fog light was bent upward and, of course, cleaning the dog poo off my car.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
jason50wsc
1st Gear Member

I hit a jackrabbit in Southern Colorado while i was doing about 85 mph. Mind you it as just a rabbit but it destroyed the entire front bumper cover. It doesn't help that my car is lowered. But damn, just a rabbit did $1000 worth of damage.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

owwww. man sorry about that

a tear is dropping from my eye....--------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

The auto body shop over at Walker ford finally sent a tow truck to pick up my Stang today. Next step is to find out how much damage there really is. You know, the kind ya can't see without pulling off the wheels and takin' stuff apart. And in a few weeks (hopefully sooner) I'll have the post repair pics on here with a grand total of how much it cost to fix our cars.

Quick Reply: Why not to swerve for a dog on a rainy day!