Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

the little things add up on a Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: the little things add up on a Saleen

Kenne Bell
Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Meangreen1200

Kenne Bell
Roush, Vortex, Paxton, Procharger, Saleen......whoooo.....[sm=happy046.gif]now that we played name the supercharger name game....thx for your SALEEN input meangreen
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck
where do I get the 90mm MAF like you have to angle the filter downaward like that...plus I have seen those things run $200 plus...as well
That's the Lightning 90mm MAF. Dynospeed had it as part of the "kit" to include new injectors, etc that they put on my car at the same time the installed the blower. I honestly couldn't tell you how much it was though... I had a LOT of stuff put on in one big chunk...
Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

Uh... You forgot Magnacharger... Kidding! Congrats on the supercharger. Be sure to post the dyno numbers and pictures asap. -Andrew
Old 03-06-2007, 04:42 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Lets see some numbers and a dyno sheet in the future. Cheftjpeck....looks great!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

if complaints are based on buying additional items.... why not get the paxton kit from brenspeed? its complete with all those extra items (minus gauges).... i know there is a difference between the cent and twin screw. thoughts?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:46 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Sorry for the little hijack, but I'm considering getting the Saleen also, and am worried about the "extras" adding up too. Does the Saleen come with a front mount heat exchanger, or just the intercooler that is nestled in the intake valley. I looked through the installation instructions briefly but didn't see anything that positively identified the installation of a front mount heat exchanger.

This is one of the reasons I'm considering the Whipple. I really love the Saleen, but the extras do add up quickly. Anyways, congrats on the purchase. Keep us posted on the results.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:16 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

Sorry for the little hijack, but I'm considering getting the Saleen also, and am worried about the "extras" adding up too. Does the Saleen come with a front mount heat exchanger, or just the intercooler that is nestled in the intake valley. I looked through the installation instructions briefly but didn't see anything that positively identified the installation of a front mount heat exchanger.

This is one of the reasons I'm considering the Whipple. I really love the Saleen, but the extras do add up quickly. Anyways, congrats on the purchase. Keep us posted on the results.
The saleen does have a front mount heat excahnger. As far as extras, all the extras mentioned in ths thread are not mandatory. The straight saleen kit itself has everyting needed to vive you and extra 100hp. All the extras are to squeeze more out of it. Waht i mentioned would give a little over 50 more hp, throw on smaller pulley yet, upgrade fuel pumps and your talkin another 80-100. Guages are optional but usually a good idea on any supercahrger. Injectors, intakes, pulleys, etc are also additional upgrades to pretty much all supercharger set ups. But as stated before the stock saleen kit is good to go out of the box as is.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the extra info Powers. I was hoping the Saleen did have the heat exchanger. I agree that the Saleen is ready-to-go out of the box. No add-ons needed. But, as for twin-screws for our cars, they are one of the few that DON'T come complete with upgraded injectors, MAF, plugs, etc... I still like the Saleen the best, but Whipple and Kenne Bell both come with all the goodies as part of their base package. It's a toss-up thought because those base packages are non-intercooled.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I spoke with Brent at Brenspeed today and he said if you're under 8-9 psi an intercooler is not required. I guess that's why the Whipple an KB 5-6 lb kits are not intercooled. Brent's working on an 8 psi non IC package with Vortech right now.

Quick Reply: the little things add up on a Saleen