Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

the little things add up on a Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default the little things add up on a Saleen

I will tell you what...by no means am I being cheap, to put in my saleen, it is going to cost a little more than expected. here is a price list of what I had to do,,,,not including the great price on the saleen.
gauges by autometer Elect Fuel Press/ mech boost vac) $268.
new pulley $163
new steeda CAI (I was concerned as 50% said my current C+L will not fit, 20% said it would and 30% did not know) so I went with the steeda CAI that attaches to the inlet hose that was $249
39lb injectors $369
Tune ($149 is what i was quoted, will verify tomorrow)
install I was quoted up to $1200....but found the same speed shop that installed headers to give me a great deal that is well below $1000

overall we are talking $1200 on top of my purchase price without the install....
wow you have to pay to play
Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: the little things add up on a Saleen

Hmm, I guess when I said I had the C+L and the Saleen and it fit you didn't believe me?

Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

no no ...I beleived you, nice pic by the way,,,,I just PM'ed ya...please advise
Old 03-05-2007, 07:06 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

Hmm, I guess when I said I had the C+L and the Saleen and it fit you didn't believe me?

where do I get the 90mm MAF like you have to angle the filter downaward like that...plus I have seen those things run $200 plus...as well
Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

you can usually pick up a slightly used set of 39 lb cobra injectors (blue ones) for $150, and brenspeed has pulleys for about $110, and gauges arent a must if money is tight........plus you should be able to use your c&l as long as it's 90mm........
Old 03-05-2007, 07:25 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gloryboy

you can usually pick up a slightly used set of 39 lb cobra injectors (blue ones) for $150, and brenspeed has pulleys for about $110, and gauges arent a must if money is tight........plus you should be able to use your c&l as long as it's 90mm........
mine is the C+L street same as herknav above...but it looks like he has a different attachment of the end (looks like a lightning 90 MMmaf...) question is can I use the one they sell on buyfordracing for $319 with the injectors and the 90mm maf...it says its for a 2003-2005 cobra...ford racing tech states I would need a serious tune....isnt that what i would be getting from jdm anyhow?? please advise as this could save me even more cash if i can use the combo sold on buyfordracing.com
Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

I feel you, ive got my supercharger coming off the same deal you got and ive also ordered the follwoing to go with it.
TUNE
JDM cold air kit
90mm mass air meter and harness
39# injectors
3.6 boost pulley ( 8 psi)
Belt Gates K061080
Saleen Extreme intake boot
Vaccum line upgrade kit
Ford Racing plugs (1 step colder than stock)

Thats about $1200 more, on the bright side I finally found a shop to give me a quote less than 1300, got it down to 700 for install.
You may want to look at adding the colder spark plugs like i mention above, it's reccomended for supercharger/turbp/nitrous apps.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

If your under $5699 (which i doubt) then you beat my complete turbo kit![:-]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

If your under $5699 (which i doubt) then you beat my complete turbo kit![:-]
actually, I am under now that I got a different MAF and injector deal..including install I am at around 5500....with upgrades, gauges etc and all...but I know your turbo will have allot more boost...but its apples to oranges as far as what I want....good luck on your turbo
Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

I feel you, ive got my supercharger coming off the same deal you got and ive also ordered the follwoing to go with it.
TUNE
JDM cold air kit
90mm mass air meter and harness
39# injectors
3.6 boost pulley ( 8 psi)
Belt Gates K061080
Saleen Extreme intake boot
Vaccum line upgrade kit
Ford Racing plugs (1 step colder than stock)

Thats about $1200 more, on the bright side I finally found a shop to give me a quote less than 1300, got it down to 700 for install.
You may want to look at adding the colder spark plugs like i mention above, it's reccomended for supercharger/turbp/nitrous apps.
yeah I forgot to add the $85 for the autolite HT20 plugs...just have to check on their gap ...I believe its .35

Quick Reply: the little things add up on a Saleen