Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen experts, let me know

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default Saleen experts, let me know

Guys, on buyfordracing.com they are selling 39lb injectors with a 90mm lightning MAF for $319, see link below.....can I use this for my saleen upgrade....will JDM know how to tune for that? and do i need it with the EV1 to EV6 adaptors or without>>>
please advise
here is the link to them
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=623
Old 03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen experts, let me know

question answered....Thanks hawgman...I will work on that patience thingy....LOL ..also the when calling fordracing, follow these steps
step 1:smash dialing finger in desk draw...this will prevent a mistake from happening...like calling ford racing tech for advice..
Step 2: .then when the need arises to call them again...repeat step 1
thx
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

39lb cobra injectors are compatible w/ our wiring harness, no adapters needed, they plug right in. The lightning mafs are programmed for 42lb injectors.Your stock maf sensor will workfine, you just need a larger housing (95mm). If you want to switch sensors though Jim prob has a tune for it but check w/ him first .....
Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gloryboy

39lb cobra injectors are compatible w/ our wiring harness, no adapters needed, they plug right in. The lightning mafs are programmed for 42lb injectors.Your stock maf sensor will workfine, you just need a larger housing (95mm). If you want to switch sensors though Jim prob has a tune for it but check w/ him first .....
so I am going to buy the package from buyfordracing.com. it is compatible with my setup...if i get the 90MM MAF do I use my stock sensor or the sensor included with the unit.I mean if you look at JDM's site it is the same 90mm MAF with there upgrade kits...it states a 90 MM MAF then the harness which I will get from Blueoval for cheaper as well..
Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: gloryboy

so I am going to buy the package from buyfordracing.com. it is compatible with my setup...if i get the 90MM MAF do I use my stock sensor or the sensor included with the unit.I mean if you look at JDM's site it is the same 90mm MAF with there upgrade kits...it states a 90 MM MAF then the harness which I will get from Blueoval for cheaper as well..
I dont thinkourmaf sensor will fit in the lightning maf housing. If your going w/ the lightning maf just use the sensor thats in it. JDM will just adjust it for the 39lb injectors......
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Just make sure who ever does the tune knows what MAF you have. The FRPP "lightning" 90mm is calibrated different than the SCT 90mm, which they have 2 versions for hp. There are different transfer functions for these MAFs.
The engine’s air/fuel ratio and spark advance are primarily determined by the computer from the input received by the MAF meter.
I would personally use the JDM setup. Jim has done a ton af testing and has the Saleen blower setup down.You may spend a few more bucks, but in this game, it is Always better to do it right the First time around!
Casey
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

Hey Casey, thanks again for the killer deal on the saleen s/c. Install went smooth and this thing kicks a** now!!! You da man....
Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HaneyMotorsport.Com

Just make sure who ever does the tune knows what MAF you have. The FRPP "lightning" 90mm is calibrated different than the SCT 90mm, which they have 2 versions for hp. There are different transfer functions for these MAFs. [align=left]The engine’s air/fuel ratio and spark advance are primarily determined by the computer from the input received by the MAF meter.[/align][align=left]I would personally use the JDM setup. Jim has done a ton af testing and has the Saleen blower setup down.You may spend a few more bucks, but in this game, it is Always better to do it right the First time around![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Casey[/align][align=left][/align]
yes I plan on going with JDM's tune....according to their own website they are using the lightning MAF as well...so i assume that his tunes are made for it: difference is, I can get the MAF and the injectors along with the harness for $369, whereas JDM's injectors, pulley, 90mm Lightning Mass Air and harness would have cost me $738.(no tune included) Now, I did buy my pulley from them....at 163 and will do the tune, but could not see paying the extra $203 to get his injectors and Ligtning Mass air and harness.

Saleen / JDM Stage 1 425RWHP Supercharger Package

425RWHP! Everything you need to make your 2005-2007 Mustang move! Saleen / JDM Supercharger Stage 1 Package Includes:
• Saleen Supercharger Kit
• XCalibrator 2 Tuner
• Cold Air Kit JDM Cold Air Kit
• 90mm Mass air 90MM Lightning Mass Air
• Harness 90MM Mass Air Harness
• 39 LB. injectors 39# Ingectors
• 3.60 Pulley
• Belt Gates Belt