Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang Order taking too long!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:00 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Order taking too long!!!

didnt know u still had to order them still. i live 2 miles from the plant and their are thousands and thousands of them sitting out their. dont feel bad though i ordered mine the day the dealer got the paper work in sept 04 didnt take delivery till dec 04. later found out it was the dealers fault that my order didnt get pushed through.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Haha, I ordered in early January 2006 (a sort of Christmas present) and we picked the car up on September 19. Talk about a wait, but oh so worth it!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

did you guys had to sign something in order to order the car? Did you have to commit to take the car when it arrives?

I'm just curious
Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Yes... the signature line looked like this

2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Tungsten Metallic Gray

Sign the following statement: I __________________ hereby agree to sign my life away in the hopes of having way too much fun in this car and not facing too many legal fines.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Well I ordered my GT on 1-10-07....delivery supposed to be around mid to the end of March. Dlr said 5-6 weeks...what bs. Im very upset with FORD, no wonder their sales are down, if they can't even build a car in a timely fashion. Just wondering if all you guys have had any major problems with the 07 mustangs?
Dude, "5-6 weeks" is a blanket statement they tell to people who order a car. A lot of dealerships do it. The last car I ordered, I was told it would take between 1 and 4 MONTHS for delivery, and it showed up in three weeks. Ford told me the same 5-6 weeks thing, and it only too three weeks. Actually, it only took two weeks, but the shipping train derailed, delaying delivery.

Is this the first time you've ordered a car?

There's a lot of people wanting Mustangs. Just because you bought one doesn't mean you get to jump to the head of the list. Chill.

Besides, slower delivery doesn't translate to poor business. Lots of other highly popular cars have slow deliveries. Ford could chuck out cars as fast as slave-shingled jap crap, and it wouldn't effect what's going on in the company.

As for problems, no, there are no "major problems." The 07 S197 has no factory recalls to date. Of course, it's a bit late in the game to be asking those kinds of questions, now, isn't it? I don't know about you or anyone else, but before I layed down thousands of dollars for my 'Stang, I did some bloody research! Why buy a car and then LATER ask if it's a POS lemon-mobile?

If you're so damned upset with Fords financial situation and its products, why'd you throw thousands of dollars into their car?

Patience, dude. If a Mustang is what you want, it will come. You can always do like many others and check the delivery status for your order every couple days.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:04 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Arrow...what the hell are u talking about...throwing thousands down on my order. I gave my dlr a check for $100. Thats it. Im just tired of waiting for this car to be built.Their is no reason they should have took 2 months just to start the build...which was march 5th. Delivery was supposed to be the 18th, now its the 24th, and another source told me the 31st. I guess Im tired of driving my old car, and just want my new mustang to race around and modify. Im really into cars..so this is worse than waiting for presents on xmas morning. Well I was started this post to find out if Ford closed some of their plants, cause that would justify to me why their taking so long with my order...and everyone elses orders.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Ordered my GT the day after luckydawg and I called today to find out that they've received my title, paperwork, and extra set of keys but the ETA is still March 24. Hopefully it will come before then, I'm chomping at the bit!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Walked into the dealer found the one i liked with everything I wanted in the color I wanted and drove it him that day
Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Arrow...what the hell are u talking about...throwing thousands down on my order. I gave my dlr a check for $100. Thats it.
Okay, you spent $100 on a car whose reliability you didn't research, and is from a company you don't seem to like. Whatever.

You seem to be overreacting a lot over this. Unless you buy a car off the lot, or buy one that's transfered from another lot, you're gonna wait.

What car company did you order from before that built and sent you a car in a week? And why didn't you go buy a car from them instead?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

my stang took 9 months....i feel your pain

Quick Reply: Mustang Order taking too long!!!