Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Before you build, set a GOAL and stick to it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:01 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Before you build, set a GOAL and stick to it!

100% Correct. There are to many people who repeat what they hear on here or somewhere else and pass along the info, unless you have paid or done the work yourself, you will never understand the amount of money, time and not having your car will take to get to those Big power levels.

400-500 rwhp is still one bad *** car. anything thats 11 second car is bada** on the street,also sometimes going over 500 rwhp without the proper mods to support it doesnt mean jack. Heck I cant count how manytimes I have seen a 600rwhp run slower times than a 475rwhp car. The 600 just doesnt have the support mods to pull that off..anyway thanks for the long post. Its about time someone here with sense speaks the truth.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

very good point there gents... power is nothing if its not properly transmitted and laid down...
Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I remember a long time ago Mark stated something like " it's not fun when your 9 sec car can't beat a civic" or something to that effect. Tractability is the key to a fast street car, at least in my eyes. I laugh every time I see a post about how to get 400 rwhp or just how to get x amount of hp as opposed to how to run 12s, 11s, maybe even 10s, on the street. What are we after people, a fast car or msg board dyno queen bragging rights? I don't know about everyone else but I would be more proud of a car that runs 11s with less than 400hp as opposed to a car that needs TLC for everything but makes 900hp but is only good from a roll. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:08 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Very good points Timmay!!...lol

Yes, I did say that and it is true. As bad **** as my car is now, I couldn't beat a minivan from anything but a 45-50 roll. Just ask any of the big HP supra owners how street practical big HP is...lol

My car is big power and it is set up to handle it....AT THE TRACK. On the street, 1st and 2nd on my AOD are completely useless and worth nothing more than a cool smoke show.

I can say with 100% positivity that when my car was on the stock motor running 11.60-11.70's on the stock manual trans, it was the most fun ever and I seriously regret not keeping it that way. I lost very few races at the track anyway in that range and still had a blast in a very fun street car. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of anything, just hoping some who get bit by the mod bug hard will read about my expereinces and maybe think twice.

I go to a lot of tracks and race quite a bit in not only my stang. I have been involved in drag racing for quite some time and I can tell you with certainty that if you get your street car into the 11's (even high 11's) you will have one of the fastest and impressive rides at the majority of all test-n-tune nights at local tracks. If you can drive your car to the track with the air conditioning and radio playing and lay down 11's and then drive it home with the air and radio on again - trust me - you will be envied by many...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Nice to hear from you again Mark! Speed is an addiction, and unfortunately I don't have the funding to fuel such an addiction; so I'm alright. =D Can't wait for the videos. If you could not make them quicktime this time around, that would be great.