Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Non-functional hoodscoop, gay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:12 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Non-functional hoodscoop, gay?

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

Got my stang asa present,
was sort of a surprise so didnt have that much "say" when it was bought
my parents told the dealer i liked the hoodscoop so he added a NON-FUNCTIONAL one,
which i think is pretty gay. other than that i love my car but would like to replace the hoodscoop.

can you convert a nonfunctional to a functional or do i have do add a whole other hoodscoop?

was looking at the shaker hood; http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-g...er-system.html
it says "The CDC Shaker System also comes standard with a High Flow/High Performance S&B Filter."

i was planning on adding a C&L CAI and B amachip or brenspeed tune, is it compatible?...

Also seems the shaker hood is a little exposed to...like water (when washing the car) and other possible harmful stuff....

here are some pics of the scoop

your thoughts on the matter pleasee...

what i think is gay is you thinking something is gay on your brand new ****ing mustang gt that you got for free....now that's gay my friend.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:34 AM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

does enybody know if the california dream hood is functional?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

I know of a guy who modified the shaker hood to fit with a blower, and it still serves a purpose. It dumps fresh air directly onto the the supercharger, does that make a differencein the grand scheme of things? I don't know, but it sure briefs well.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:27 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

my parents told the dealer i liked the hoodscoop so he added a NON-FUNCTIONAL one,
which i think is pretty gay. other than that i love my car but would like to replace the hoodscoop.

can you convert a nonfunctional to a functional or do i have do add a whole other hoodscoop?

was looking at the shaker hood; http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-g...er-system.html
it says "The CDC Shaker System also comes standard with a High Flow/High Performance S&B Filter."

i was planning on adding a C&L CAI and B amachip or brenspeed tune, is it compatible?...

Also seems the shaker hood is a little exposed to...like water (when washing the car) and other possible harmful stuff....

what i think is gay is you thinking something is gay on your brand new ****ing mustang gt that you got for free....now that's gay my friend.
+1
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Nice.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:08 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

It's function is to make the car look good, therefore it is functional.

+1
Old 03-18-2007, 04:21 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

+1

I was actualy going to write something like that yesterday. If my parents bought me a brand new GT and I didnt have to pay for it the hood scoop would be the last thing on my mind.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:27 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blkGTconvert04

+1

I was actualy going to write something like that yesterday. If my parents bought me a brand new GT and I didnt have to pay for it the hood scoop would be the last thing on my mind.
+2, nuff said [sm=youreright.gif]
Old 03-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Ok, point taken.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Check out a heat extractor hood.

Quick Reply: Non-functional hoodscoop, gay?