Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need some supercharger advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
DRidge09
1st Gear Member

Default need some supercharger advice

I have a 06 GT auto mustang and I want to get a supercharger but i dont want to pay the supercharger price. do any of you have any suggestions on how i could get a used roush, kb, saleen, or any kind that is used or rebuilt that is still in good shape for a good price. i have heard of the powerdyne s/c kit but are they any good? much appreciated

thanks,

Derek
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: need some supercharger advice

You get what you pay for. If you want it do it right.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Check at some of the shops that specialize in modifying Mustangs. You may be able to pickup one there.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

I agree with godminus1... a supercharger is some heavy equipement being added to the car pushing out a lot of power... with so much at steak... i would get a new supercharger and get a kb, roush, or procharger...
Old 03-20-2007, 12:51 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

You definatley dont want to be cheap when it comes ot getting a power adder. I was going to get and HP performance turbo kit for about $4100 dollars and i found out how many problems came with it. I just went the extra mile and bought the Hellion for $5699. Your best bet going the supercharger route is going to brenspeed.com and looking at there paxton kit. Roush is way to damn expensive for the gains, and KB and Whipple are the top dawgs that cost an arm and a leg. Hell if thats still to expensive for ya get a Zex wet kit......(poor mans supercharger).
Old 03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
DRidge09
1st Gear Member

lol thanks for the advice but i like to build horse power onto the car not spray and pray. do any of you have any experience with powerdyne ive heard they are poor quality, but they are supposably very good once you rebuild it.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Dridge,

I'd suggest you wait and save more if need be and get a brand new S/C. You'll never really know what your getting used and you may have to buy other supporting parts and you end cost may not be that much differnent. IMO
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I put a Powerdyne on my truck.

You will hear many people on this forum defending Powerdyne, but these are mostly people who either have no experience with Powerdyne, or the SC they bought from them has not blown up yet. These people will also attack people like me who actually have experience with the product.

I had it installed by a professional. It was installed properly. A little less than a year after I bought it, it was destroyed. The only reason I bought it was because I had a chance to get one for a decent price. What a mistake I made. I will never purchase anything from them again, and NOTHING of such poor quality will go on my Mustang.

It's not like this sort of thing ONLY happened to me. There are countless complaints about Powerdyne. Avoid them at all cost. When I buy a supercharger, it will be a Procharger.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Having blown a few engines in the past I'll give you one advice, don't put a blower on the car if grenading your block is going to be a financialdisaster for you. You'll regret it.... The odds are you'll be fine but if you drive like I do, you'll break something.

Good luck,

Patrick

ORIGINAL: DRidge09

I have a 06 GT auto mustang and I want to get a supercharger but i dont want to pay the supercharger price. do any of you have any suggestions on how i could get a used roush, kb, saleen, or any kind that is used or rebuilt that is still in good shape for a good price. i have heard of the powerdyne s/c kit but are they any good? much appreciated

thanks,

Derek
Old 03-20-2007, 04:47 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

you have to pay to play....but well worth the money when done right and not rushed

[IMG]local://upfiles/50057/1709411F345B4C6880A6F1279B91E2E1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: need some supercharger advice