Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

making the car feel fast

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: making the car feel fast

Can always go rent a Honda for a week and then drive the Mustang [sm=roll.gif]
Old 03-27-2007, 04:05 PM
CaptRestless
1st Gear Member

It feels fast on my butt dyno, but my eyes don't reallyperceive the speed. The hood on our cars is bulky and blocks our view of the road racing under the car. Make sense?

Anyway, I just realized that I only have 3.31's in my car. Next mod after CAI/Tune is definitely 3.73's...
Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

why do you want to feel you are going faster? it makes you be in less control.if you want a car that feels faster buy a 4cyl. take all the weigth outand put the 10k dollars left from our priceinto mods. then your car will feel like you are going 100 mph when you are giong 55.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:39 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

what mod has the single most effect on butt dyno, as in a 2nd gear pull, sucking you into your seat?
FI
Old 03-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

Feeling fast is just a perception. Usually remedied by by driving a slower car for awhile.

No matter what you do to your car you will get used to how it feels. With all my bolt-ons, I feel like my Mustang is as fast as it ever was the day I bought it, but I know better than that.

That is why this is like crack. You buy a new part, and the car feels faster. Then you get used to it, and you need new parts to make it feel fast again, but you eventually get used to that too. It never ends.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Perhaps, but I doubt you could "get used" to forced induction. If you just romp it you could go out of control. I feel like I'm not used to 1st gear and never have been...if I gun it through a turn, I'm sideways. I love it.

Can't wait to get gears, will I do 360's?
Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
jodl73

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: owero01

l. Get an aluminum driveshaft and drop 20lbs, off the car[:@]

Better yet, keep your oem driveshaft and go on a diet and lose 20 lbs.- it's free, and it would be good for you (well, it would for me at least...).
That would actually be bad for me. I am 6'2" 185 lbs. If I drop 20lbs., I will look like an anorexic![:'(]
Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
ezio350
2nd Gear Member

I know what he means. I drive my buddy's (modded) G35 and feels like a rocket. Then I get in my GT and It feels slow, though is faster than my buddy's in any gear. I dont know why it feels like that. I like the feeling of a car ripping and throuwing me back. I guess a tune and some gears. Going from 3rd into 4th at redline, it feels like you just downshifted cause 4th pulls really hard.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

I know the answer you want bro. Here it is, KenneBelle and full exhaust. lol. But imo....the feel is in the suspension.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

The sensation of speed I believe is in direct realtion to how well the car handles....and the ride height.... Notice how in a truck it seems like your going faster... something to do with the angle you view the road at.....a perception thing...

But the main contributing factor is how well the vehicle handles the power it has... Get in an old car with a bouncy suspension, and you'll feel like your flying along.... the more control the car offers the more in control you feel thus the sensation of speed is relative to that...

Quick Reply: making the car feel fast