Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Corsa's & FRPP GTA's vs. stock sound level

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Corsa's & FRPP GTA's vs. stock sound level

No drone at all with myFRPP
Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

I have the Corsa's...and I dont regret paying the price for them AT ALL.

They are THE BEST out of the box aftermarket exhaust i've ever heard. My buddy owns an aftermarket performance shop and he agrees, best sound from an out of the box axle-back. We've put flowmasters, magnaflows, etc on Mustangs and nothing compares, dealt with stingers, just not the same.

I go to school with a kid who has an 07' California Special Mustang, and he put the FRPP Exhaust on, we both agree that the Corsa was a much better investment.

In saying that, the sound is the amazing, but for me the difference really comes in when im driving. My car is a daily driver, and I drive a fair amount, and there are times when i dont want the loud noise, like when i got a nice 4 hour drive ahead of me...there is no interiour noise AT ALL if you are juicin it. but as soon as your push the pedal just a little bit, the exhaust wakes up and you got a nice roar from underneath.

Corsa is the best, I know the price is alot, but its well worth it. Its the little things that count...the lack of noise when driving, but as soon as i want it...its there.

The idle is NOTICEABLY different from stock...not even close...MUCH rougher and meaner.

By the way, sound clips on the internet, not even close...they do no justice...doesnt even sound like my car...my car sounds much better than the sound clip.

Dont waste your money...i know alot of guys who have baught the other choices, but they want to change it to corsa now...

Im tellin you...
Old 04-15-2007, 02:25 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Definatly going with Corsas...my birthday cant come soon enough.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmart69x

Corsas allegedly have NO DRONE. However, they are barely louder than stock at idle and cruise. WOT, they are pretty loud. However, I don't like the goofy way they hang below the bumper, and I think they are way OVERPRICED.
I have to disagree. After a 500 or so mile burn in time...the idle was distinctly louder and deeper than stock. Cruising was the same (from the inside) but 2 of my friends said there was a definite sound change (louder) at cruising from the outside (cruising around 35mph on a city street). I'm not sure about highway cruising because I couldn't find a way to record or have someone listen to them from the outside when cruising at hwy speeds. They are a droneless muffler (even with off-road h-pipe). WOT is very aggressive (with stock mid-pipe) and with the off-road setup, WOT will scarechildren and some women.

I paid $565 last May and absolutely no regrets.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 AM
brian2906
1st Gear Member

[align=left]Well I've had the Corsa's on now for a week or so, and I love them. Like so many of you have posted, ZERO drone! Just great sound, from the nice rumble at idle to cruising. When you get into it they really sound awesome. The build quality and looks are top notch. Thanks again to all for the info, see my other post on the install, with pics.
[/align]
Old 04-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Brian,

Great!! Glad it worked out well for you and glad to have helped out!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:35 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Iam super fan #1 ofthe Borla's. Sure they have some drone, but unless you are TRYING to make it annoying (aka ******* the car at 2k rpms in 5th gear with the pedal floored), it's not noticable a couple weeks after the swap. I love the startup roarand deepidle rumble even more than the WOThoarse scream.Also, the Stinger'sthroaty gurgle (but not popping)decceleration to a traffic light definitely turns heads. I've heard nothing but praise from anyone that has owned the Corsa system, but if it does not offer all of the above with exception to drone, then it is not for me. If it does, it is well worth the extra $150 to have zero drone if you can't stand a tiny bit of cabin resonance at a 200 rpm range.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

How deep sounding are the Corsa's? I heard the GTA's in person and they sounded a little too high (tinny I think someone said it well) for my tastes. I really liked the sound of the GT's but they might be too loud and I'm not sure I'm sold on some drone. I did hear a little of the Corsa's but it was with an X pipe also so it's hard to compare what it would really be like. I have a battle with myself daily on what I want.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

On a scale from 1-10 at WOT, I'd give the GTA's a 4 over stock. frpp stingers would get an 8 over stock.

At idle the GTA's would be a2 and the frpp stingers are still an 8.

At startup the GTA's are a 1 over stock, barely noticeable.

Don't know if maybe they're all slightly different or if different mods affect the sound, but my GTA's are much louder and deeper at startup (in fact, my next door neighbor told me: "it scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it until I knew what it was!").
Mine are also much louder and especially deeper & throatier than stock at 1/2 WOT, and clearly louder at WOT, but only very slightly louder than stock at idle or cruise.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
brian2906
1st Gear Member

[align=left]The Corsa's are really great. They have an awesome deep rumble at idle, and really roar when you get into it. They are almost Jeckll, and Hyde. Quiet when you want by driving easy, then nice and loud (with a nice tone) when you want. The Corsas are basically straight pipes except for a small opening just inside the inlet. Somehow this opening absorbs that bad drone sounds, and lets the good stuff go through. Because I have an automatic tranny, I have a bit less control over staying out of the 'drone' rpm band. It seemed like the way I drive that the car always ended up in that range. So the no drone of the Corsas was a plus. I had tried Flowmasters, and Pypes Violators before the Corsas.
[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61898/A6D7622CE89645B1A997844F237BAB0E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61898/6C99D5FD4C6B4D07BA5BDE8565CC7682.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Corsa's & FRPP GTA's vs. stock sound level