Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally, a car with some flavor!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally, a car with some flavor!

I recently spent 9 hours alone in the 'Stang (driving up to school), and it kind of hit me how much I love this car. Not just enjoy it, but LOVE it. Like an emotional attachment. Like I would take this car over many other more expensive, better performing automobiles.

I was cruising along next to a concrete median, and I popped her into third and stood on it, and the howl was amazing. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. This car has so much character that makes up for any small downfalls it might have. It feels more human than any other vehicle I've experienced.

I'm glad I got involved with the Mustang culture as early as I did; it's like a hidden benefit package that comes with the car (for free!).

Anyone else? I fully plan on keeping this car forever and doing whatever it takes to keep her running!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally, a car with some flavor!

We all share your feelings partner....something about a clean, shined up and good looking Stang..huh? Specially a Black one....BTW from where to where did you drive?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Cincinnati, OHto Ithaca, NY... lots of empty roads and lots of random cops spread out to make having fun a little risky... I had great weather, though, windows down most of the trip until it started getting a little cold up north.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
4.6L Shadow

Look at that 3 black stangs in a row. good choices guys. btw that howl sounds really good between 2 buildings.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

amen brotha. i love my baby too.

ORIGINAL: BlackBetty

I recently spent 9 hours alone in the 'Stang (driving up to school), and it kind of hit me how much I love this car. Not just enjoy it, but LOVE it. Like an emotional attachment. Like I would take this car over many other more expensive, better performing automobiles.

I was cruising along next to a concrete median, and I popped her into third and stood on it, and the howl was amazing. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. This car has so much character that makes up for any small downfalls it might have. It feels more human than any other vehicle I've experienced.

I'm glad I got involved with the Mustang culture as early as I did; it's like a hidden benefit package that comes with the car (for free!).

Anyone else? I fully plan on keeping this car forever and doing whatever it takes to keep her running!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

I've had some cars that many people would consider nicer than a Mustang. I cared for them, washed them hand, waxed them, modded them, etc.

Yet I love the 'Stang so much that I went out and bought an Explorer so I could leave her in the garage. My family looks at me funny but I know the stang is happier in the stable, and that makes me happy.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:49 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

I teach 3 classes online. When I get stressed, I jump in the Mustang and just ride for 20 mins or so.

Value? Priceless!

[IMG]local://upfiles/54696/E70291AF8661444DAA1F1D37507E3F41.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

lol, best therapy money can buy

ORIGINAL: RUFDRAFT

I teach 3 classes online. When I get stressed, I jump in the Mustang and just ride for 20 mins or so.

Value? Priceless!

[IMG]local://upfiles/54696/E70291AF8661444DAA1F1D37507E3F41.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-29-2007, 02:04 AM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

ive only had my license for a year and i cant believe i used to think it was fun to drive my old SUV. i love my mustang. sometimes when i'm bored on the weekend i just drive around for an hour or so. last weekend me and a friend drove up some random road in the middle of nowhere and after like 25 miles we discovered a tiny town that i've never heard of lol
Old 03-29-2007, 06:06 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

They are a lot of fun even for a short drive. It's even more when you can open it up on a long country road.

Quick Reply: Finally, a car with some flavor!