Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

UPDATE: DAY 9 SALEEN DILEMMA SOLVED??

Old 03-29-2007, 01:47 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default UPDATE: DAY 9 SALEEN DILEMMA SOLVED??

ok, so my dilemma continues. The installer still thinks it is in the tune as he put the JDM tune back in and he got a vehicle speed sensor error now. Auto tranny: 2005: stock rear and gears (far as I know, I never changed them since ownership: it only had 4000 miles at purchase: So I am assuming no one else changed the gears) what can cause this. The only changes made to the drivetrain at all (tranny wheels etc) is I changed the wheels to 255/45/18 tires on 18 inch wheels from the stock 225/55/17 bullits that were on there. I did advise the tuner of this and that was it.
engine wise is obvious: saleen etc etc etc and kooks lt headers with catted x pipe....installer states he is going to call the tuner (JDM) and hopefully they can figure this out. Is it just me or is this a rarity that just likes to follow Murphy's law when it comes to me....(trying to make light of a difficult issue)
edit: see post below:
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE: DAY 9 SALEEN DILEMMA CONTINUES

Sheesh man.... well is the engine running normal now??? We never heard back from 2006GT either... what happened to him???

I'm still waiting on the upgrade kit and the dual GT500 pumps...
Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

It's not the tune. The one JDM gives you is perfect. Calling them is a good idea though. They will work with you.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:39 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

I say check that connection on the MAF again and again, when mine was installed the installer said it acually came apart a couple times on its own so he zip tied the copnnectors together and no more porblems.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]If they don't check the MAF connections they will never fix the problem. I'm telling you, I went through the same exact problem and I know how frustrating it can be.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Yeah I thought it was the MAF in another one of his post on the saleen site, but someone said no it couldn't be, regardless I feel for you man
Old 03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

This is ****ing insane! Has this installer never installed a saleen on an 05+?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

I know u stated that he knows what he was doing, but I would have taken it to someone that has done a SC install on a 05+ stang before...

Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

IT IS DONE. I get my car and numbers tomorrow. Apparently it was something to do with the JDM tune. the installer called JDM and had them send a new tune (albeit JDM INSISTS it was the same tune they sent me before) so now all is well. I have yet to drive it, but its a bear that can spin the wheels. Apparently what had happened was that JDM and my installer spoke, they discussed the code (VSS CODE) it has something to do with the TCS being turned off as well. It was not being liked by the PCM and was sending the motor into limp mode. the new tune, again is supposedly the same tune. Now 1 thing THAT MIGHT have happened could have been when I was uploading the tunes with my live load. my original SCT program had an old live load attached and was not updated. When I recently received a new tune From Brenspeed prior to me going SC for my CAI and headers etc, Brent advised that I had to use the live load update he had sent me to load his tune. So, moving forward, when I received my supercharger and bought the email tunes from JDM, he sent it to me as normal. Well i tried to load them into my handheld with the original liveload, it stated, no compatible tunes were present, so I went ahead and tried to do it with the live load update program from Brenspeed. this time it recognized the live load files from JDM and it loaded as normal. IT could have messed up during loading who knows. So after talking with JDM today before the new tunes arrived, Jim Jr advised me that I may have to send my Xcal II to him to have the tunes directly flashed into it from them directly. So I was going to do that, but my installer was able to load the new (or same tune according to JDM, but who knows) tune onto my handheld, boot it up and all is well. tomorrow it still will get a custom dyno tune as well and have it run on the dyno for #'s etc)
I will post when done.....: This smile will hopefully be one of a million coming down the road after I pick up my ride. The installer already did warn me to get used to the car first as she will spin very easily now...(She did before) but he laughed and said...not like this, I guarantee...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, Great News!!!! Congrats, sorry ya had to go thru all the BS, but all is well that ends well!

So, now we just need your full review after taking her out for a gallop.... and of course the dyno numbers, and butt dyno numbers...etc...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE: DAY 9 SALEEN DILEMMA SOLVED??