Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

Europe with american muscle?...
If you have enough cash to pay all the costs you should take her...
but don't forget that you pay tax for EVERYTHING there...
I've never lived in Germany but i've been there lots...and the autobahn is amazing (wasnt driving myself though) Ilived near Germany in the netherlands, the hague. so i'm speaking out of experience.
BUT... it would be cool to see those bmw m3's and mercedes slk's be thought a lesson hehe
ORIGINAL: Herknav

I'm glad you are enjoying the Saleen... it's a nice piece, thats for sure.

I'm currently in a dilema myself. I have recieved orders to Germany, I will be leaving sometime in June and I can't decide if I will take the 'Stang or not. The real problem is if I have any problems, it is a ver LONG drive to Memphis to get her looked at... But the idea of making a run on the Autobahn or even driving the Loop... very tempting.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

I'm currently in a dilema myself. I have recieved orders to Germany, I will be leaving sometime in June and I can't decide if I will take the 'Stang or not. The real problem is if I have any problems, it is a ver LONG drive to Memphis to get her looked at... But the idea of making a run on the Autobahn or even driving the Loop... very tempting.
Bring the Mustang man. I am stationed in Germany and there are plenty of others in Germany with our Mustangs too.

Try this website www.mightymustangs.net that is our European Mustang site. Mostly Army and Air Force guys stationed in Germany and UKpost on the site, but there are a few local nationals on the site too.

Don't worry about the costs. The goverment will ship your vehicle (this should be in your orders), and we pay American prices for gas on base or use fuel coupons at Esso stations on the economy.

The autobahn rocks. I don't know how I will ever drive on regular interstates again. But you better hurry up, Germany is starting to talk about putting speed limits on the autobahn.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Congrats on the S/C and I am glad to read you are so happy with it! I cant wait to get mine done in the summer! Damn I want it done now! Later J
Old 04-01-2007, 09:13 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Congratulations on going S/C. Enjoy and be careful.

I'm pushing out 10lbs of boost and its pushin 460RWHP..once I do the fuel system..she'll easily have 480RWHP
Absolutely... andthe tuner says I am safernow than before with air/fuel ratio at 12 all the way across the rpm range. With the extra fuel, we were able to raise the rpm level and boost was measured at 13 lb at 6400 rpm. The rwhp was at 85F and very high south-Louisiana humidity. Still, there is that inherent risk of going boooooom and I believe it's going to bewhen and not if...so planning on long block.

As previous posters have noted if you're not racing on a regular basis, around 380-400 rwhp might be the ideal street setup.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Seriously, I cant imagine you guys out there that are pushing 7lbs of boost plus with your other superchargers and turbos. This thing really scares the sheeyat right out of me.

You should have went with the 12lb pulley... trust me
LOL....I could not even imagine that...thanks...i am good where I am at....
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Pics of my Installed supercharged baby......

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/CE045EA630044BF5A0EDBD724DBEA739.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/4C76BD774B1141B1B4DCD2207B2676AB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

That looks familiar. Can't place where I've seen that before lol
Old 04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

That looks familiar. Can't place where I've seen that before lol
Hmmm....did I copy ??hey why reinvent the wheel..[sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rock36

Bring the Mustang man. I am stationed in Germany and there are plenty of others in Germany with our Mustangs too.

Try this website www.mightymustangs.net that is our European Mustang site. Mostly Army and Air Force guys stationed in Germany and UKpost on the site, but there are a few local nationals on the site too.

Don't worry about the costs. The goverment will ship your vehicle (this should be in your orders), and we pay American prices for gas on base or use fuel coupons at Esso stations on the economy.

The autobahn rocks. I don't know how I will ever drive on regular interstates again. But you better hurry up, Germany is starting to talk about putting speed limits on the autobahn.
They were talking about changing the autobahn limits to "Recommended Maximums" when I was there from '91 - '94. Largly due to the Stau's (if I remember the word correctly) - large car pileup's.

Think you're going to "own" the autobahn with a S/C'd Mustang? Remember, they don't (didn't when I was there) have to have cats and emissions stuff like we have on our cars. I had a POS '80-something 4-banger VW golf that breezed at 160 clicks (~100mph). Seemed like just about whenever I moved into the left lane to pass someone (supposed to be passing lane only, supposed to drive on the right), out of nowhere a car would be coming up fast with their left turn blinkers on - meaning "get the F outta the way." A friend of mine bought a Firebird while we were there (from the PX auto sales) and we would cruise nicely at ~140mph and still get occasionally passed. It's not always ***** to the wall on the autobahn but when you get out there don't think for a minute that you're going to own it! If you can, take your Mustang! I'm sure you'll great rides in and see some beautiful country! Get off the bahn in some small towns and just cruise through it, maybe stop for some food and walk around (take a friend or GF).

When I was there they were rationing the fuel with fuel cards. It subsidizes fuel cost on the economy and was usually more than enough for my Golf. Don't know if they're still doing that but probably are - gas on the economy is $$.

If you ship your car I believe it comes in through Bremerhaven (up north)? Is this were they still come in? If so, make sure you clean your car very good before you ship it and take EVERYTHING out (except spare tire and jack). Leave CD's and stuff in there - don't expect it to still be there when you pick it up. A friend of mine had muddy boot prints on the floorboard and cig. butts in the ash tray when he picked his up - didn't even smoke. Don't mean to scare you and this type of thing doesn't happen all the time, but, just to let you know it can happen.

Two warnings: 1) When you get back to the states driving SUCKS because you really gotta slow down and, 2) You'll might find yourself getting pissed at people driving in the left lane that aren't passing! Haha! [:'(]

I love that commercial where the guy is offloading his GT500 in Germany 'cause he couldn't drive it fast in the States!!

(sorry for the long post - topic brought back good memories)
Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

It's about damn time you got that thing working. May be time to invest in some LCAs and Brackets to get those wheels planted, thats's what im adding tonight on mine because first gear and sometimes second is useless from a dig.

Quick Reply: Supercharged: Words cant describe.....