Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New SC

even though a turbo will give me more power when i go f/i in a year or two i am still going to go with a roots style blower just because i love the sound of the s/cwhen it screams
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

Get a life! I post I'm getting a SC and you show up again. Go back to Puert Rico where you can make the rest of the Island think the Turbo is superior. Maybe you guys think so because you only have a few miles to drive then you have to shut it down.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

Like the choice of color on the Stang same as mine!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

You're trying to tell everyone that if my KB makes 450 rwhp yours is gonna make 500. OK now wake up. There has to be certain conditions for your turbo to make the extra HP like more boost. You are stuck in the dark. I do not disagree that Turbos make alot of HP, but on the same token a SC does too. I've read technical articles on quite a few turbos and I haven't found one that makes the hp with the same boost as a KB even your Hellion. Sure if you want to go beyond 1000 hp you can get a bigger turbo but I can also do the same with a bigger SC and the story goes on. Sooo andro please let me be happy with my choice and stop posting neg's when someone else buys a SC. KB, 10psi pulley 508rwhp dynoed!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

lol..... yall are effin funny.

I like the KB setup, might be the best one out. But I like the Saleen S/C setup from JDM too. I got time to decide though as I save up my pennies.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

dont let them get to you carman.no matter what you get,a turbo or sc,your car will scream.wish i could aford a kennebell right now...maybe later...lol.you made a great choice
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

I like the saleen set up too with the jdm tune. I've heard alot of good things about them.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Sweet now I'm jealous [:@]
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

The reason why you can pull more hp and still be safe on the stuck internals is because a turbo breaks less havoc on the engines than a s/c does. Now lets all laugh at this kid. Go get your roots style KB LOL @ YOU.

https://mustangforums.com/m_2696382/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 04-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

Most turbo setups are not C.A.R.B. approved and therefore not street legal. Most superchargers are. Also for the amount of hp the mustangs stock engine can take, any turbo or supercharger will do just fine. Also the more hp you make, the more stress you put on the transmission and rear end as well as the engine. There is no such thing as free horsepower. Both turbos and supercharger's have their benefits and drawbacks. Its just preference. Personally I'd go with a supercharger because of the ease of maitenance and its legal in CA. But if I had my dream setup then I'd go with a twin-turbo built longblock pushing over 1000 hp but thats a little overboard. -Andrew