Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stingers vs SLP LM

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Default Stingers vs SLP LM

Hey Folks,

So I had the SLP LM but they were a bit too loud for me so I switched to the FRPP/Supreme Performance GTAs. I know, the other extreme... Sometimes I think the GTAs are too quiet, and I'm looking for something in between. [sm=headbang.gif]

The FRPP/Borla/Steeda Stingers sound good from videos, but are they as loud as the SLP LM in person? Has anyone had both or heard both? How do the Stingers and the SLP LM compare sound wise.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stingers vs SLP LM

I was convinced to buy the mac boom tubes. They are very similar to the loudmouth, but Extremely throaty. There are a few vids of them on streetfire, and they sound amazing.

I am buying some tonight!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

I was convinced to buy the mac boom tubes. They are very similar to the loudmouth, but Extremely throaty. There are a few vids of them on streetfire, and they sound amazing.

Some say they are as loud as the LMs? Is that true?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

i dont know how loud the LM's are so i cant compare them for you (or stingers for that matter) but the boom tubes are kinda loud if you ask me, but its not overbearing, and they sound very deep

ive got boom tubes on my car now...and i think i was the one who convinced 22kart22 to get them

oh and here is a vid of what they sound like (they are not broken in yet)they are a little louder and deeper sounding now...but still it is not overbearing loud
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...a500bef3fa.htm
Old 04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

i dont know how loud the LM's are so i cant compare them for you (or stingers for that matter) but the boom tubes are kinda loud if you ask me, but its not overbearing, and they sound very deep

ive got boom tubes on my car now...and i think i was the one who convinced 22kart22 to get them

oh and here is a vid of what they sound like (they are not broken in yet)they are a little louder and deeper sounding now...but still it is not overbearing loud
ooo those sound nice [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

ooo those sound nice [sm=smiley20.gif]
thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

I have the Stingers with an o/r H-pipe..... IT'S MEEANNN...
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

oh my god. those sound so damn good. jesus. so they're macs? where do i find them, where do i get them, ive never heard of them before. are they audible inside the cockpit? loud enough?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:56 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

I have the Borla stingers axelbacks atm, they seem a bit to quiet for my taste. I hope i can fix this once i order the LTs with O/R pype
Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

oh my god. those sound so damn good. jesus. so they're macs? where do i find them, where do i get them, ive never heard of them before. are they audible inside the cockpit? loud enough?
yes they are made by mac and you can get them at www.ninosport.com and inside there is little drone but it sounds amazing and i started my car with no mufflers when putting these on and they were a little bit quieter

on a 1-10 scale 1=stock and 10=no mufflers i would say these are about an 8

Quick Reply: Stingers vs SLP LM