Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Let's see them spoiler-deleted GT's!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Let's see them spoiler-deleted GT's!

looks nice but I personally think they need the spoiler...just takes it to a whole other level
Old 04-06-2007, 02:33 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black07gt

as for the spoilerless mustangs, for me they look like if something is missing from them, just me opinion.

Yep, something is missing- a tacky, juvenile-looking, non-functional, drag-inducing, streamline-ruining piece of plastic crap which nowadays can be found on just about every cheap-**** 4-banger rice-mobile (like KIA, HONDA, SUBARU, TOYOTA, etc., etc., etc.).

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/81A279DFB94B4354861F379E6EAD245D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I think they need a ducktail at least. And they ARE functional on these cars at higher speeds.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

What's missing is a blackout panel and better exhaust tips (mine are GTAs):

Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

thanks for all the pics guys, they look great!! thats the look im talking about........the rear end comes together so much better without a dorky plastic wing; the wing somehow makes the rear end look short and stubby, does that make any sense? i just may delete mine.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

Yep, something is missing- a tacky, juvenile-looking, non-functional, drag-inducing, streamline-ruining piece of plastic crap which nowadays can be found on just about every cheap-**** 4-banger rice-mobile (like KIA, HONDA, SUBARU, TOYOTA, etc., etc., etc.).
Exactly!!

And they ARE functional on these cars at higher speeds.
Now I dont claim to be an engineer, but I highly doubt that these wings are much more than cosmetic. Ducktails, maybe..........Look at the new Nacsar Car of tomorrow.....The size of that wing generates a TON of downforce of the rear of the car. They have been on short tracks the past 2 weeks.....top speeds of 130-140. THAT is a functional wing. My opinion is that these wings probably not generate enough downforce on the rear of these cars to make a damn at that speed. Just my observation, no evidence to back my opinion up.......no offense meant.

Good day, all.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Goody625

Exactly!!

And they ARE functional on these cars at higher speeds.
Now I dont claim to be an engineer, but I highly doubt that these wings are much more than cosmetic. Ducktails, maybe..........Look at the new Nacsar Car of tomorrow.....The size of that wing generates a TON of downforce of the rear of the car. They have been on short tracks the past 2 weeks.....top speeds of 130-140. THAT is a functional wing. My opinion is that these wings probably not generate enough downforce on the rear of these cars to make a damn at that speed. Just my observation, no evidence to back my opinion up.......no offense meant.

Good day, all.
Ya, the rear spoilers are just for looks.

The low-pressurearea over the back window doesn't allow enough airflow over the spoiler to put any downforce on the *** end.

Drove 25 miles with powdery snow on the back window at 80+ MPH and it was still there when I got to the gas station.

Not sure about the stock spoiler (never bothered to inspect one close up) but if it isto be an effectivespoiler it should:
1. Have an inverted airfoil design for creating downforce.
2. Actually have enough air passing over it to do anything.

Judging by the snow staying unmolested on the window, I'm assuming there isn'tenough airflow to be used by ANY spoiler.

I do like the ducktails though. They flow nicely with the new body style.

SOHC
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

thanks for all the pics guys, they look great!! thats the look im talking about........the rear end comes together so much better without a dorky plastic wing; the wing somehow makes the rear end look short and stubby, does that make any sense? i just may delete mine.

It makes the rear end look short & stubby because it ruins the streamlining by drawing attention to the wing and overemphasizing the shortness of the rear deck.
I just hated the idea of having to wait 6 weeks to order my Stang from the factory without a spoiler, but I couldn't find any on the dealers' lots without 'em, and now I couldn't be happier.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/97CEBEB5BFAF4AB485B1C39FF4434C01.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 PM
03Cobra05GT
1st Gear Member

What can I say, I like the spoiler. Its NOT like its the big tacky, 3 feet high ones that the ricers have.

IMHO I think it looks better with a spoiler. Without it I dunno, the car just seems to look...I dunno...like a hairless little boy instead of a man with a 5 o clock shadow lol.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

I ordered mine without a spoiler..but only because I want a CDC ducktail. The stock wing looks like somthing off an Accord IMO.

Quick Reply: Let's see them spoiler-deleted GT's!