Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Single gauge pillar pod

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default Single gauge pillar pod

I'm looking for a single pillar pod. Even if it's the one for the steering column. I can't seem to find one. I want to mount my boost gauge just until I get more gauges installed. I think my 3 gauge pillar pod will look goofy with one gauge in it.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
millerc73
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Single gauge pillar pod

Me too, I'm looking for a column pod to mount my wideband gauge in. Post up if you know where to get one!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

I believe the only single pod that Autometer made has been discontinued.

Will a speed of sound Dual or Triple pod work for you guys?

Not sure if you have a pillar or not yet or have seen the SOS pods but they are top notch and in stock here at Lethal Performance.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with. Thanks, Jared

Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
millerc73
1st Gear Member

Thanks, but I have the SOS pillar pod already with Raptor claw, it's GREAT! I just need a place to mount one more gauge and don't want to get rid of the 2 pod for the 3, they are kind of expensive. I guess I'll just try and come up with my own mounting solution.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

I'm looking for a single pillar pod. Even if it's the one for the steering column. I can't seem to find one. I want to mount my boost gauge just until I get more gauges installed. I think my 3 gauge pillar pod will look goofy with one gauge in it.
Id say just go for the double or tripple pod that way your not spending extra money. The only single one I know of though is the Speed OF Sound cupholder panel.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

That's funny, I just ask the same question in another thread. I was able to find one, it's made by Dakota Digital, www.dakotadigital.com. Be warned, though, they'll need to back order it for you.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd455.htm
Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

THE SOS pod is the best...I love the look of it...my only issue I had was my boost gauge popping out..but thanks to Hawgmans great suggestion..issue solved....awesome gauge pod...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:12 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

I've seen the SOS pods and do like the look, but I don't need a second gauge. All I need is a place to mount the oil pressure gauge I just installed. They aren't cheap, either. $120.

Here's a question for you, just in case I have to go this route. Can the SOS gauge pod be modified easily? Any chance I can do away with the second pod? How is it attached?

If it's just screwed on than maybe I could get one, remove the second pod and just patch the hole. If it's molded than it's a no go.

Hopefully, Dakota Digital can come through for me. I called them last week and they said back orders usually take two weeks. It will be two weeks on Monday. I'll be sure to post back soon with positive or negative feedback.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Update. I e-mailed Speed of Sound and received the following:

It's not extremely difficult to make a single gauge pod. We have a CNC program for this, but weak demand for it means we don't offer it on our site. Actually, there is only one single gauge pillar for an S197 in existence, and it was shipped a month or two ago. The customer had to wait a little while for us to make a production run, and we machined a "one-off" for him. I can do the same for you.

We are likely going to be machining more pillars within the next week or two. What color pillar would you require?

If I run the part during normal production, there is no additional expense for you. I'd simply issue you a single-use discount code to knock a few dollars off for just a single pod. Other than that, the part is just as our others.

Regards,

Alan Lindgren

Speed of Sound LLC

Bottom line, if you can wait a little, then it looks like Speed of Sound can make you one. Just send them an e-mail.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com
[/align]
Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 PM
SpeedofSound

Hello guys,

Just to clarify, a dual pillar can NOT be modified to make a single without serious cosmetic issues. We use a CNC mill to clearance the pillar, and removing a single pod would leave a large pocket which would not be easily repaired (if at all, frankly).

We have made a very small amount of single pillars in the past, including one S197 single gauge pillar. As stated in my email which was pasted above, if you can wait until we run production on the pillars, doing a single pod design is fairly easy. Arushed, special order is going to be costly in terms of CNC setup time and running a single part, not economically wise with the machinery at work.

If there's interest, drop me a line. I'm very happy to entertain custom offers, and will accommodate as many of them as we possibly can.

Alan @ SOS