Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SUPERCHARGER...strikes again!!!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:15 AM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SUPERCHARGER...strikes again!!!!!

Well said Perdi.

Hey Chef did you ever get any dyno numbers?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 AM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

Also Perdi did you go with the JDM tune and setup?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 AM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

I don't know how anyone could say that it is one of the worst...I think Roush holds that title.... I could see people thinking along those lines only for 2 reasons...One is the fact that stock it comes with 4lbs of boost which isn't much, and the second is the fact that I think it can only go up to about 12-14lbs before it reaches diminishing return (I don't know for sure though so if anyone knows just what the limit is for Saleen's, please chime in, Cause I'd like to know as well)... Ohh and the Flash from Saleen sucks...but the blower itself is one of the cleanest installs, and from what I know is pretty bullit proof... and is very quiet...and with a smaller pulley and a good dyno tune, The numbers are right there with the KB or Whippple... I think pound for pound boost wise they are all comparable...

i'm certianly not partial to the Saleen cause I own one... I have no allegiance to any of them at this point cause i have no experience with any of them, aside from the Saleen... I guess I like the way the Saleen looks, but now that I have it and know that it is limited (I doubt I could get over 600RW with it) Maybe in the future that would become an issue, but for an DD it's more than enough, and more than capable to put ya to the point of needing FI's..

I think the problem would be if you spend the money on FI's (for me) I'd wanna take the HP to the brink of possibility, and I don't think that that is possible with the Saleen, but at that point it would be better off just getting a better motor, building that and going for broke...

On another note... I'm only at 400RW with like a tinge over 5lbs of boost, and it freaking pulls pretty hard, but not hard enough...Depending on how you look at it... It's not pulling hard enough for me to be perfectly happy with it, but it pulls hard enough to be able to get ya into a TON of trouble regarding traffic laws....I'm getting the 9.5 lb pulley (should be here sometime this week) and that I believe will be enough for me to be 100% happy with... but I'm also thinking at the same time "Why??" It's only fun and really useable if your breaking some kinda traffic law...

The only answer I can come up with is: "Because I can!" so why not, just gotta be cool with it and use it sparingly....

nice write up....so this is the same saleen s/c that has been out since the beginning that your all so happy with not a new one or anything like that? Bcuz if so then i might seriously consider getting it instead of the others out there.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Art, No I didn't, I had it custom dyno tuned by a good tuner... I wanted the car tuned cause I put a baotload of loot in it, so I didn't wanna 'risk' anything..(not saying a JDM tune is risky, but each car is different, and I wasn't gunna cut corners..)

FLA Dread...as far as I know Saleen has only made one for the 05's an up, The 07's need an addon kit cause the 07's thermostat is in a different spot, the kit relocates it back to the original spot...

Also to clarify, I said the Saleen Flash sucks, and the reason is that the flash is built around a stock GT with just their blower on it and it was designed to work with 91 octane (California's highest octane is 91 not 93) Plus, a Dyno Tune is really the best way to go...why spend over five grand and cut yourself short?..
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Sweet! Sounds like it was worth every penny. I'm green!

Shout out if you supercharged stangs from CT bring it to the Spectator Drags at SeekonkSpeedway, MA

http://www.seekonkspeedway.com/

Stay safe.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:01 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: failurze_art

Well said Perdi.

Hey Chef did you ever get any dyno numbers?
no...not yet failurze_art: I mean I did, but i want to go to the same mustang dynometer that I have been getting my numbers all along so I can compare apples to apples...the dynojet I was on had me at 400RWHP and 397lbs of torque I believe....but that was on an incorrect pull etc etc...So this guy I am going to on Friday knows how to do a pull on the s197 autos. so he can get more accurate readings, PLUS I am changing the pulley on the same day ....going to a8.5 pulley (thats what I figure I will get since my current 3.8 pulley I am getting 6.5 at 5800 rpm...I will post after I get them....I am then probably going to set up with some time with Justin at VMP to get a good custom dyno tune....

well said Perdi as well.....I hear some negative feedback on the Saleen, but I am hearing a whole bunch more positive....

Search this Thread