Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Me vs Subaru Legacy Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:49 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Default Me vs Subaru Legacy Turbo

So I am driving home from work minding my business and I have the Subaru Legacy in front of me. And there is a little bit of traffic and everytime a car in front of him pulls to the right he launches hard and then stops, so I know he wants to race, but I stay behind him just cruising for another 6 miles when finally he jams on his brakes and thenlaunches againso I got kinda pissed. I went around all the way to the right lane, and he follows then I do a narrow cut in front (of a beautiful C6 BTW) lol and he follows almost hitting the concrete divider on our left, so now I hit it and to my amazement he is right on my ***..I honestly couldn't believe it. I stayed ahead but he was right on me until we hit a brick wall of traffic. So when I got home I decided to read up on this car, and I didn't realize that they had a turbo version of this car. I am not positive the one I was racing was a turbo but to stay with me like that he had to be right? The 0-60 and quarter times are basically identical to my car ( I have 07 Auto) I felt ashamed. But after reading up I guess I shouldn't right? Has anyone else had an encounter with the Legacy?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Me vs Subaru Legacy Turbo

I know, I got pissed with my 06 when I got beat by a Nissan which looked like a pile of junk, Found out later it was a skyline? like 500 horse! v6
Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

I know, I got pissed with my 06 when I got beat by a Nissan which looked like a pile of junk, Found out later it was a skyline? like 500 horse! v6
Yeah those skylines are fast. Where are you located? Have never seen one around here in NY
Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Never have with most ricers or turo charged cars but I am sure they are a force to reckon with....esp that skyline!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 AM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Thead hijack...I've got a buddy who owns a triumph with a skyline motor, scary fast.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Yeah - be careful with any skyline you come across.... Subaru has a few cars that are actually very quick but I have found with the ones I have encountered staying on it until you approach redline will give the advantage - their shiftpoints must be higher rpm but they hit them so fast that's where you exploit it.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

The suburu STI's are insane... I dont mess with those guys in Frederick. There is two lancer EVO's and an STI here that have VERY upgraded turboes. They are insane. AWD cars..... the suburu WRX wagon version is pretty quick for it being a wagon... it wasnt bad when i saw one of those run.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:25 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

the only one of those cars from the factory that SHOULD be able to keep up with a new V8 stang is the new generation of WRX STi...the wagons and **** SHOULDN'T be hanging with you...but then again, i dont know your driving abilities...

Anything thats been modded, i dont know...but stock, no legacy turbo should be hangin with you unless its brand new...subaru's new cars are very underrated tahts for sure...
Old 04-15-2007, 09:08 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

the NEW Subaru Legacy Spec-B is supposedly as fast as my 07. I was reading up on it last night and all the test data is basically identical. 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. That is the Turbo-charged one. Goes for like 33k which I think is a bit pricey fora Legacy. I am not the greatest driver but I do know how to drive, but I was definitely suprised. Oh btw the car did have temp plates so I am guessing it was brand new as in 07 new
Old 04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

yeah...the new ones will give ya a run...thats for sure

Quick Reply: Me vs Subaru Legacy Turbo