Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

911S for lunch...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 911S for lunch...

ORIGINAL: steelcomp

Jeez, guys, who cares. I posted this for amusement, not to build up all your weak egos. I have a basically stock 07, lowered, race LCA's, panhard bar and upper CA and 255/45 Nittos on stock 18" Bulletts. I'm running 3:31's, and all I know is the guy didn't let me beat him. If you were in a 911S and had some Mustang pullin ya, would you?? Don't know what year...fairly late model, after market rims, very wide tires, flares, looked pretty nice, for as much of it as I saw...make out of it what you want. I'm not trying to prove anything, just having fun.

yeah im sorry but if thats any kind of recent porsche there is no way he was racing you. my father drives a 83 911 turbo and he can eat me alive stock vs.stock. now its not even fare because he dropped a bored out ls7 in it and it puts down 600+hp. one day ill beat him....
ya know, this kind of crap really cracks me up. "My father this, my father that..." hey junior, did your daddy buy you your car, 'cause you sound like a dip****. Did anyone say anything about a turbo? The car said 911S on the rear deck...that's all I know. I don't care if it had a VW 4 cyl in it. The guy tried tomess with me, and I dusted his a$$.

If you are talking about a 911 Carrera S, you should clearly state that so no one is confused. If it was then tell us the year and your mod list which should be pretty extensive to have a chance of beating a high 12s 997 911 Carrera S (3.8L 355hp, 3250lb car)
Did I say Carrera? I don't think I said Carrera. Let me look back...nope. Just as I thought...nothing about a high 12s 997 911 Carrera S (3.8L 355hp, 3250lb car) . Your confusion isn't my problem. If you're confused, maybe you should try and just enjoy the story instead of analyzing it to death, or trying to impress us all with your vast knowledge of Porsches. Personally, I'm not impressed.

No wonder people talk about new Mustang owners like they do.You guys make it sound like I'm some Camaro owner that just beat a Mustang!! LOL!!

That's right you said a 911S. You came on here to brag about beating a 160hp early 70's Porsche. Good for you! I don't race every 160hp car that cuts me off because I know it's a waste of time and gas. But apparently you think you need to prove yourself to the mightly Porsche and then come online to tell everyone you beat something you thought worthy of a kill post. Your thread title was cocky and your story sounded like you were sticking your chest out trying to show off and yet you just showed your *ss.

I'm not trying to impress you with my knowledge of Porsches, I never was. I was merely asking for clarification of the model in the hopes you really meant a Carrera because by admitting you raced a 911S shows everyone here you don't know anything about what you raced. And yet you thought you were being so 'smart' by telling me you never said Carrera . . . let me check again . . . nope, never said Carrera.

You posed the question of 'if I had a 911S would I let a mustang pull me?' Anyone who chooses to drive a nearly 35 yr old car obviously has a love and dedication for that make. And anyone who drives a classic sports car from a legendary automaker is going to know about performance cars in general. They would also know what level of performance their car has compared to newer cars just like how you know about the cars you race against . . oh wait that's right, you don't, you thought showing up a 160hp car was impressive. So, to answer your half *ssed rhetorical question, no I wouldn't let a mustang pull me if I drove a 160hp car, why? Because I know I only have a 160hp car and I know I would get pulled whether I let it or not!

It's cocky SOBs like you that give us S197 owners a bad rep. Thanks alot!