Tune Won't Load? Help Please - MustangForums.com

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tune Won't Load? Help Please

Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Default Tune Won't Load? Help Please

Anybody ever have this problem?

I'm trying to download a JDM tune (for Saleen S/C) to my SCT tuner but I keep getting a "not a valid liveload file" error. The file extension is correct (.ll3) but I still get this error. I got this tuner from Brenspeed when I bought my last CIA + Tune. Incedentally I can re-load a brenspeed tune without any problem.

Any ideas/suggestion? Of course I'll be making some phone calls to JDM this morning as well.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tune Won't Load? Help Please

ORIGINAL: Screamin Yellow 06

Anybody ever have this problem?

I'm trying to download a JDM tune (for Saleen S/C) to my SCT tuner but I keep getting a "not a valid liveload file" error. The file extension is correct (.ll3) but I still get this error. I got this tuner from Brenspeed when I bought my last CIA + Tune. Incedentally I can re-load a brenspeed tune without any problem.

Any ideas/suggestion? Of course I'll be making some phone calls to JDM this morning as well.

Thanks
Yeah, your going to have to update your SCT tuner using SCT's updater called "XC2 Live Update". Once the SCT is updated then you will have no problems.

A word of caution: you must return the car back to stock before updating the SCT.

Once the SCT is updated, you can load the JDM tune in the SCT. You'll plug the SCT into the ECM port. The SCT will upload your stock files, then you can download the JDM tune.

That should do it.

Same thing happened to a few of use with old SCT Tuners..............had to update them.