Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger and daily driving question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger and daily driving question

ORIGINAL: aclass

Thanks TJ, can you give me the specifics on your Saleen S/C so I can do some research. Where did you buy it from?

Thanks again!
bought mine from Underground mustang..got an incredible deal. I also invested in injectors, 90MM MAF, cold plugs etcJDM tunes..it has about 8.5 lbs of boost on a 3.6 pulley (2 sizes smaller than Saleen stock pulley) with smaller belt..to sum it up for all the additions plus installation it ran me about $5800...but that was with an incredible deal from UGM and an incredible installation deal...its a great SC: there are others that will give you more boost...Turbos are insane with boost if ya want it...personally I love my Saleen as it gives me the boost when I want it...and to echo Wally39..the passing power is freaking awessome....to hear that thing whine...>DROOOLL.....I have to go drive now...BYE...TJ..Just kidding...seriously...I love it...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:03 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shooter23

its not the supercharger persay that kills the gas mileage if you stay out of boost, its the larger injectors that you install and your tune.

Gas mileage will drop...but the car will run the same for daily driver...just had the power IF you need it or want it and the push of a pedal. Gas mileage wont drop THAT much at all if you put 39lbs injectors and stay out of boost. The gas just drains as soon as your step into the boost.

Superchargers help engines run and breath easier, so it will help your engine perform, even without boost...and if you get the intercooler, it will still push in cold air, again, even if your using the boost. All in all, its a great help for your engine, gas mileage will drop because of the different injectors, and it gives you the availability of huge power gains at the push of the pedal
+1......hes right,..the 39lb injectors and the tune is what kills me...seriously..I got about 15-17 mpg CITy DRIVING stop and go allot....now I avg 13.8....hgwy is about the same...I get about 22.6 mpg...but the power.....is so worth it..
Old 04-14-2007, 12:16 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

So the 5800 bucks included someone else doing the install?
I tell ya, I've been reading so much lately that my freakin eyes are hurtin, I hate big decisions like this and I'm absolutely terrified of screwing up one heck of a nice car that I just spent over 27K for. Listening to these guys talk about throwing codes, modifying this and that during the install, breaking belts, and so on has me nervous.
Okay Okay, I'llquit whining.
I've noticed that some guys go with the centrifugal super charger versus the twin screw, is one better than the other??

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Thanks TJ, can you give me the specifics on your Saleen S/C so I can do some research. Where did you buy it from?

Thanks again!
bought mine from Underground mustang..got an incredible deal. I also invested in injectors, 90MM MAF, cold plugs etcJDM tunes..it has about 8.5 lbs of boost on a 3.6 pulley (2 sizes smaller than Saleen stock pulley) with smaller belt..to sum it up for all the additions plus installation it ran me about $5800...but that was with an incredible deal from UGM and an incredible installation deal...its a great SC: there are others that will give you more boost...Turbos are insane with boost if ya want it...personally I love my Saleen as it gives me the boost when I want it...and to echo Wally39..the passing power is freaking awessome....to hear that thing whine...>DROOOLL.....I have to go drive now...BYE...TJ..Just kidding...seriously...I love it...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:23 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

So the 5800 bucks included someone else doing the install?
I tell ya, I've been reading so much lately that my freakin eyes are hurtin, I hate big decisions like this and I'm absolutely terrified of screwing up one heck of a nice car that I just spent over 27K for. Listening to these guys talk about throwing codes, modifying this and that during the install, breaking belts, and so on has me nervous.
Okay Okay, I'llquit whining.
I've noticed that some guys go with the centrifugal super charger versus the twin screw, is one better than the other??

Thanks again!
ok....twin screw vs centri...vs roots...when do you want your power???
are you looking to race? are you looking for strong top end?? IMO, centri
are you looking for power when you want it and need it...low end...twin screw...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

whats the difference in roots style and twin screw type s/c's
Old 04-14-2007, 12:46 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

the only sc I know of thats roots is Roush...which just from what I read is antiquated style and the potential with a twin screw is better as far as modding it...wheras a roots is limited...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

the only sc I know of thats roots is Roush...which just from what I read is antiquated style and the potential with a twin screw is better as far as modding it...wheras a roots is limited...
gotcha
Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

If you can't sleep at night without a warranty, get the Roush like I did. I'm perfectly happy with 452 flywheel HP (with pully upgrade). And as far as being antiquated, the roots blower is the oldest but most reliable design, which is why most auto manufacurers use them in their stock set ups. GM, Mercedes, Jaguar and use them. They have the least moving parts and provide great boost at low rpm (think daily driver).
Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyHorse0217

If you can't sleep at night without a warranty, get the Roush like I did. I'm perfectly happy with 452 flywheel HP (with pully upgrade). And as far as being antiquated, the roots blower is the oldest but most reliable design, which is why most auto manufacurers use them in their stock set ups. GM, Mercedes, Jaguar and use them. They have the least moving parts and provide great boost at low rpm (think daily driver).
FYI CRAZYHORSE...no disrespect intended for the roush sc at all....the comment about it was strictly just what i read..I would encourage anyone to get any of the big 4 including roush...and by the way...if you changed your pulley...did you not just void your warranty anyway??
Old 04-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

does anyone know what the loudest twin screw type s/c there is for our cars???i know higher boost gives more s/c whine...but i want to know what will be the loudest one with like 10 lb's of boost

Quick Reply: Supercharger and daily driving question