Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Coming from th 4.0 side

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Nuke1
1st Gear Member

Default Coming from th 4.0 side

I just traded in my 2005 legend lime auto vert for a 2007 satin silver mnaul 5 speed 4.6 coupe. I had some modifications on the V6 (muffler, CAI and SCT2 tunes). I had fun with the 4.0 so do not bitch about it!! I do not want to modify the GT for now (the wife made me promise to wait a bit) but I still have the SCT2. I want to know if there is any gains with tunes without any mods to the car. (By the way, if my english seems a bit strange to you, be advised that it is my second language, french being my mother tongue).

Thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Coming from th 4.0 side

gratz u will love the GT, and if u had fun with the six, the V8 will be a blast then
Old 04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if you mean not even changing the stock
air filter and intake and just loading a tune
from the SCT, rwhp gains would be minimal imo

ORIGINAL: Nuke1

I just traded in my 2005 legend lime auto vert for a 2007 satin silver mnaul 5 speed 4.6 coupe. I had some modifications on the V6 (muffler, CAI and SCT2 tunes). I had fun with the 4.0 so do not bitch about it!! I do not want to modify the GT for now (the wife made me promise to wait a bit) but I still have the SCT2. I want to know if there is any gains with tunes without any mods to the car. (By the way, if my english seems a bit strange to you, be advised that it is my second language, french being my mother tongue).

Thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure you'd get any hp gains without any modifications to the car. And your english is fine; better than most peoples on here. -Andrew
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 PM
RedFire281
2nd Gear Member

Actually, I think you'd be surprised at how efficient the stock GT airbox and inlet tubeis. Call Justin at VMP Tuning; he's datalogged more dyno runs using different air intake/tune combinations than anybody I've heard and I'm sure he can set you up with a tune using the stock intake. So the answer is yes you will experience gains with your XCal2 -of course, as you know, the handheld is VIN specific so you'll have to have it cleared/reset.

And welcome to the GT section. The V6 at 210 HP is no slouch either, but you'll really enjoy how much more torquey and responsive the V8 is.

John
Old 04-15-2007, 09:01 PM
skip#7

I myself traded my 05 4.0 about a year ago for an o6windveil blue GT ,no going back for me,normal driving my GT gets better milage than my 4.o,unless you romp on it,but that's the fun of having the GT.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

I just came over from the 4.0 world too. Had the CAI and Brenspeed tunes for my V6 and it went like it was scared. The GT has so much more torque it isn't funny. I've had mine for 6 days now and I will be sticking a CAI and Brenspeed tune as soon as it gets to Edmonton!

I've seen differing thoughts on a tune with no mods so my suggestion is to call a good SCT tuner like Brenspeed. There are lots around if you want to get various opinions....

Enjoy the new ride!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Nice; welcome. Seems to be alot of people w/ the 6 are moving to the 8. Since you just got it; i just get use to the new power. It will make you enjoy the extra gains w/ ur tune/intake later.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:31 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

right on the money, agree 100%.

it's really the stock air filter that restricts air flow
to a certain rate.

ORIGINAL: RedFire281

Actually, I think you'd be surprised at how efficient the stock GT airbox and inlet tubeis. Call Jason at VMP Tuning; he's datalogged more dyno runs using different air intake/tune combinations than anybody I've heard and I'm sure he can set you up with a tune using the stock intake. So the answer is yes you will experience gains with your XCal2 -of course, as you know, the handheld is VIN specific so you'll have to have it cleared/reset.

And welcome to the GT section. The V6 at 210 HP is no slouch either, but you'll really enjoy how much more torquey and responsive the V8 is.

John
Old 04-16-2007, 01:18 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

welcome to the dark side...[sm=vader1.gif]

Quick Reply: Coming from th 4.0 side