Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally going to get my CAR CUSTOM TUNED BY VMP

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally going to get my CAR CUSTOM TUNED BY VMP

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

I hate to say it, but I had some bad experiences with Justin @ VMP. His customer service is poor to say the least.
With that said, I know plenty of others who swear by his tunes. I'm sure theres exceptions with every good vendor.
Good luck, and have fun.
Hmm you have had your stang and been a member here for less then 2 months (and it says its stock in your sig)..
Yep, Justin must have such crappy service that GT500 owners have the car delivered to him to tune before they have even taken delivery of the vechicle..? I see Justin answering his phone all hours of the day helping people out. Does he get swamped.. Yep, because he is so good. He is not crazy busy and tons of people praise his work because he is bad at his job.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:01 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vsop

I hate to say it, but I had some bad experiences with Justin @ VMP. His customer service is poor to say the least.
With that said, I know plenty of others who swear by his tunes. I'm sure theres exceptions with every good vendor.
Good luck, and have fun.
Hmm you have had your stang and been a member here for less then 2 months (and it says its stock in your sig)..
Yep, Justin must have such crappy service that GT500 owners have the car delivered to him to tune before they have even taken delivery of the vechicle..? I see Justin answering his phone all hours of the day helping people out. Does he get swamped.. Yep, because he is so good. He is not crazy busy and tons of people praise his work because he is bad at his job.
I'm not sure why you are getting so bent out of shape. My originalpost simply stated that I had bad a bad experience with Justin,and thatI heard from many sources that he's great... which is why I originallyused him.
Also, just bc im a member for "2 weeks", and my 06 GT isstock doesnot mean that I know nothing about this sort of stuff. I had amodified 98 V6, and was/am a member of www.3.8mustang.com/forum where almost all member get their tunes from Justin, and they swearby him- he's a sponsor there.
Heres the situation,I did not take my car to him to get tuned, I bought an SCT XCal2 with 3 custom tunes for my old stang, along with a tuner & custom tunes for my brothers 02 focus.My tunes, Ikept getting trouble codes, and after 3 weeks of going back and forth with justin (note, hed answer my e-mails once a week) i just set the car back to stock bc he was not helping (the trouble codes went off with the stock tune) and sold my v6 for my 06 GT. I was fed up with dealing with him on this. And dont say "oh its bc its a V6".. he gets TONS of business from the V6 crowd.
My brother's focus shifted so hard with the first set of tunes it felt like the tranny was falling out of the car. After about2-3 weeksand very poor customer service (including some fan temperature issues), he fixed that with new tunes.
The main issue is, when he does answer an e-mail, he takes 3 days.. and they are one word answers to boot.
I will say this again so i do not get flamed by pompus (they're out there)people on this board... many people swear by his service. I am not one of them, and if i decide to go with the mail order custom tunes again, he willnot be getting my business.
I was simply giving a heads up to the guy before he spent his hard earned money.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Actually I have been a member of that board since 01, and sounds more of an issue with your actual v6. And justin is a sponsor here..
Old 04-18-2007, 12:52 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Actually I have been a member of that board since 01, and sounds more of an issue with your actual v6. And justin is a sponsor here..
I believe itwas not an issue with the V6... it was an issue with his tunes. With any of the three tunes provided, my check engine light would go on. Once returned to stock, it would go off. The code read-Purge Flow Sensor Circuit Input High. If it was the car, I'd still expect a decent answer from the vendor where I got the tunes from.
I'm not knocking Justin's tunes by any means, the car was great tuned at 93 minus the DTC's.
I'm a believer that when you buysomething like that, you are not just buying the product, but the customer service too.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Justin00Stang
2nd Gear Member

Good luck, and have fun.
It's funny how people will complain on the internet but never pick up the phone and call or even send an email.

Regarding the issues with your brothers car, some people like a firm shift, some dont'. I sent him files to get the car shifting the way he wanted it to. If he is still not happy with the way it shifts I will send him another file, this is free of charge when you buy a new X-cal2 from me.

Regarding your car, I have tuned many V6s of the same year and never had a problem with that code poping up, I believe it to be an actual problem with your car. That particular item often fails intermittently when it first goes bad, which would explain why you were not always getting the code, even with the stock tune. Even then, I sent you many additional files to try and fix the problem, even though I did not believe it was my fault. If you felt my response times were slow you could have called.

You also did not mention that I gave you a great deal on two custom tunes since you were buying 2 tuners and have been on the V6 forums for a long time.

Regardless of what went on before, to ensure that I don't have any unhappy customers, if you want me to send you a tune for your new car I will do so at no cost. Just email me the computer code and mods.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:50 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin00Stang

Good luck, and have fun.
It's funny how people will complain on the internet but never pick up the phone and call or even send an email.

Regarding the issues with your brothers car, some people like a firm shift, some dont'. I sent him files to get the car shifting the way he wanted it to. If he is still not happy with the way it shifts I will send him another file, this is free of charge when you buy a new X-cal2 from me.

Regarding your car, I have tuned many V6s of the same year and never had a problem with that code poping up, I believe it to be an actual problem with your car. That particular item often fails intermittently when it first goes bad, which would explain why you were not always getting the code, even with the stock tune. Even then, I sent you many additional files to try and fix the problem, even though I did not believe it was my fault. If you felt my response times were slow you could have called.

You also did not mention that I gave you a great deal on two custom tunes since you were buying 2 tuners and have been on the V6 forums for a long time.

Regardless of what went on before, to ensure that I don't have any unhappy customers, if you want me to send you a tune for your new car I will do so at no cost. Just email me the computer code and mods.
Justin, as you can see I did not heed this guys advice anyways...as I did have the tune done by you and it is awesome....try and take this grin from my face....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:11 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I remember the First time I told you aout Justin.. You thought I was crazy.. But now you have seen the light..
Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I remember the First time I told you aout Justin.. You thought I was crazy.. But now you have seen the light..
No Joe I thought you were crazy for other reasons...(do you blame me) [sm=joke.gif]

I have seen the light......yes my master....LOL...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

I bought my SCT x-cal V2 tuner with 3 tunes fromVMPTuning.comfor my 03 V6 coupe and he will get my business when I'm ready to upgrade my 07 GT also. At the time I purchased the SCT tuner and tunes for my V6, I was very much a newb on this stuff, and Justin answered all my questions, put my worries to rest, and provided an excellent product I was very happy with.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Well TJ, how'd it go?

Quick Reply: Finally going to get my CAR CUSTOM TUNED BY VMP