Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Would you still do it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:33 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Would you still do it?

Holy ****.... those prices really blow !
But uhmmm yeah i would get the GT stang ! If the auto bothers you, u can fix the firmness in shifts with a tune+cai, comon even with the shipping to denmark its a MUST have, 1k dlls package doesn't compare to the 130k car ... lol and u will get nice 30 - 35hp and a real good auto car.

Remember if u have heavy foot, this cars can be very thirsty, and thats not a good idea for 7 dlls a gallon hehe

just my opinion
Old 04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Wow....I mean WOW! But if all cars are priced that way then I guess its all relative. If a Mustang is what you want...(and trust me..all of us here understand that desire) then go for it!

However the question is...would we do it at that price? Well since most of us are from the US..I imagine the answer would be a resounding NO WAY! lol...thats definatly beyond what I could afford.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Mail me the 130k, I mail you back a 2007 ZO6, and pocket 60k, or GT and Pocket 90k
Old 04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Speaking of crazy prices, can Ford of Denmark import a Shelby GT500? With all that added expense, I would think a GT500 would be more cost effective for what you're gonna end up with.
Just my 2 cents..........
Old 04-17-2007, 04:49 AM
OrcaDK

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Speaking of crazy prices, can Ford of Denmark import a Shelby GT500? With all that added expense, I would think a GT500 would be more cost effective for what you're gonna end up with.
Just my 2 cents..........
Not officially at least. I'm pretty sury I'd have to do thta on my own, and then I might be screwed when it comes to warranties and such. The only secondhand GT500 that I've seen in Denmark went for around $90k unregistered, meaning having it registered would add $90k + 25% = $113k + the registration, totalling out at somewhere between $2-300k.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Thank god i don't live in DK[&:] .... and i was complaining about my 2k dlls over the same mustang sold crossing the border. ill shadap then
Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

what's the average income in DK? Since I just moved over from Belgium, I know things can vary a lot. I can also convert prices from cars in Belgium to $, but that's a wrong picture. The only comparison is to know what the average income in DK is and then compare it with the prices of the cars. My mustang would cost me $50.000 in Belgium. Given the fact that the gass prices are way higher, we need to pay tax for those cars (first time : $5.000 to get it on the road, annual tax $3.000, insurance: $ 4.000), this just is not possible to drive this kind of car in Belgium. Furthermore, we all drive diesel engines (cost effective) for that matter. So, tell me a bit more and we'll tell you what to do....
I WOULDN'T/ COULDN'T have bought a mustang in Belgium. Just insane...

Old 04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
OrcaDK

ORIGINAL: KeeJoZ
what's the average income in DK? Since I just moved over from Belgium, I know things can vary a lot. I can also convert prices from cars in Belgium to $, but that's a wrong picture. The only comparison is to know what the average income in DK is and then compare it with the prices of the cars. My mustang would cost me $50.000 in Belgium. Given the fact that the gass prices are way higher, we need to pay tax for those cars (first time : $5.000 to get it on the road, annual tax $3.000, insurance: $ 4.000), this just is not possible to drive this kind of car in Belgium. Furthermore, we all drive diesel engines (cost effective) for that matter. So, tell me a bit more and we'll tell you what to do....
I WOULDN'T/ COULDN'T have bought a mustang in Belgium. Just insane...
Belgium is a cheap country both car and gas wise

I believe the average danish income is around $50-55k / year, before taxes and everything.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OrcaDK

I believe the average danish income is around $50-55k / year, before taxes and everything.
That's $50-55K U.S. dollars? That's what about I make per year here, and it doesn't go very far[&o].
I'm thinking you're pretty well off? Do Danish banks finance such cars? Are your car loans in the 8-10 year range because of such high costs? Seems like your hands are tied, but then again, if you can afford it, why not. Although if you're gonna struggle to buy and keep it, look for something more reasonable IMO
Old 04-18-2007, 05:18 AM
OrcaDK

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver
ORIGINAL: OrcaDK

That's $50-55K U.S. dollars? That's what about I make per year here, and it doesn't go very far[&o].
I'm thinking you're pretty well off? Do Danish banks finance such cars? Are your car loans in the 8-10 year range because of such high costs? Seems like your hands are tied, but then again, if you can afford it, why not. Although if you're gonna struggle to buy and keep it, look for something more reasonable IMO
Yeah, that's per person though, so I'd guess household incomes are somewhat higher. I am doing a bit better than that, I'm around $75k/year. It would be necessary for me to take a loan of around $100k for the car, over like 10-12 years. That is a long loan for a car, but then again this is a car that I'd both want - and have - to keep for life. It's most likely the most stupid of all car purchaceses as the car is more or less impossible to sell later on if I wanted / needed to. Also the car looses a sickingly amount of value each year. And finally the rumor has it that it isn't really made for the Danish environment, meaning that it'd probably rust up somewhat faster than most other [german] cars in that price range (I drive an Audi TT at the moment ($60k'ish value, $25k'ish loan). My current car's got 12 years rust protection, the Mustang's got 5-6 years protection. The Mustang would of course be kept inside in the winter, would be rust protected each year, so it should be able to hold up fine.