Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Woodbine Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

Default Woodbine Motorsports

Anyone go to JJ at Woodbine Motorsports for longtube header and x pipe installation? How much did he run you for it? I plan on going to him for longtube headers and a catted x pipe by Bassani or Dynatech, and have him put on the underdrive pulleys and ford racing charge motion plates on the car. I wanna get an estimate before I actually call him.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Woodbine Motorsports

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

Anyone go to JJ at Woodbine Motorsports for longtube header and x pipe installation? How much did he run you for it? I plan on going to him for longtube headers and a catted x pipe by Bassani or Dynatech, and have him put on the underdrive pulleys and ford racing charge motion plates on the car. I wanna get an estimate before I actually call him.
JJ charges by the hour ($80). My guess? 4-6 hrs for the longtubes, an hour for the xpipe, and 1 hour each for pulleys and the plates. I see 6-8 hours total. You'll probably need a retune due to the charge motion plates too. FWIW, we did longtubes on my son's GT, and it took 6 hours and required jacking the engine up a bit to give us room to bolt up the headers. Then again, we didn't have a lift.

Just as an aside, JJ talked me out installing a TB and charge motion plates as the expense doesn't justify the modest increase in HP.

John
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

i didn't have the specific work you are inquiring. JJ did a mid-pipe for me and charged $80 for one hour of labor. Definitly good at what he does and good on prices/installation time.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

First class guy. JJ also did my torque converter install.
he's got a really nice enclosed trailer...and scooter too!
[sm=boohoo.gif]i do miss my stuff.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: jwgroovin

JJ charges by the hour ($80). My guess? 4-6 hrs for the longtubes, an hour for the xpipe, and 1 hour each for pulleys and the plates. I see 6-8 hours total. You'll probably need a retune due to the charge motion plates too. FWIW, we did longtubes on my son's GT, and it took 6 hours and required jacking the engine up a bit to give us room to bolt up the headers. Then again, we didn't have a lift.

Just as an aside, JJ talked me out installing a TB and charge motion plates as the expense doesn't justify the modest increase in HP.

John
A tune is required and the CMCV are worth about 10 hp. $100/10hp is $10 per 1 hp which is less that what it costs per HP with CAI and tune.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat
A tune is required and the CMCV are worth about 10 hp. $100/10hp is $10 per 1 hp which is less that what it costs per HP with CAI and tune.
Well, that nails it then. I don't have experience either way, but I'd think that the added expense for labor, plus the cost for a custom tune might dilute that a bit (do handheld's come with a canned tune with options to compensate for the CMCV??). Still, compared to what you spend on ported heads and the gains, for example, 10hp might be considereda pretty decent bargain. I've thrown money away on worse--$1000 for Comp Cams stage IIIs with springs and retainers and still sitting on the shelf--my guess will be labor at about the same cost. Assuming a 25hp gain, some might easily argue that as not worth the $$$!!!! Perhaps I should save a bit more, get the CMCVs and a throttle body upgrade, and have it all done at once. If I'm doing the math right, I'm still quite a bit away from $10/1hp figure.

Good food for thought, man...

John
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 PM
JJ@WMS

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

First class guy. JJ also did my torque converter install.
he's got a really nice enclosed trailer...and scooter too!
[sm=boohoo.gif]i do miss my stuff.
I love the trailer and the scooter.. I use them quite often.

Hello everyone. I have dispatched an email to the powers that be inquiring about becoming a sponsor on this site. If that happens, I will be around more often to help out.

Also, I am not a big fan of any throttle body for the 05+, they are more hassle then they are worth (check engine/wrench lights and such)and the charge motion delete plates dont do much unless you are S/C and tuned correctly. N/A cars lose down low tq with them. They may gain a fewponies up top, but I'd rather keep thetq.

See youguys around,

JJ@WMS
Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

hahaha, JJ seems to be the man. Can the CMCV plates be tuned with the hand held SCT tuner though?>
Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: jwgroovin

John
Where can you still get CMCV for $100?? FRPP are not producing them anymore. And i know Steeda is charging more....
Old 04-20-2007, 11:19 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

well according to rpmoutlet.com they have them for $150 and those are the Ford Racing CMCV charge motion plates... maybe theyare out of stock and i just didnt see them. i didnt know they arent being produced anymore?

-can the charge motion plates be tuned with the hand held SCT tuner for the car?

Quick Reply: Woodbine Motorsports