Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dead Spot on Acceleration (not the same hesitation I don't think)

Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Dead Spot on Acceleration (not the same hesitation I don't think)

Ahh i see. Does the SCT have the canned C&L tunes in it?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 PM
njjon

I have a 07 GT 5 speed as well and have notice the exact same thing. I have read a lot of previous posts and it seems like everyone has their own opinion on this topic, as the reply's are all over the place.

I don't know what the issue is and reading the posts it seems that the fixes have worked for some and not others. Your guess is as good as mine. Good luck and let me know if anything works for you.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

No canned tunes. Brenspeed had set me up with some wicked tunes for my V6 so it came with three of theirs. I nuked them and I am just waiting for the new tunes to arrive via e-mail.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Well, I have an appointment in the morning so I will see what the dealer can find.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE Dead Spot on Acceleration (not the same hesitation I don't think)

UPDATED 23/04/07

I uploaded my Brenspeed 91 tune today and installed my C&L Racer. Pictures to follow....

The deadspot (or skipping a beat) was there but not as pronounced. It seemed to get better after it warmed up. As it is still there, I will pay a visit to my dealer Tuesday and see if they have any thoughts. I could live with it but would prefer to understand what is causing it as it is not a "normal" occurance.

On the Brenspeed 91 tune... You folks who have done this already know what a different car you have. For those who are wondering, it is by far the most seat of your pants thrill withoug going into some superchargers and stuff. My V6 went like snot after the tune, this GT is wild compared to that.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE Dead Spot on Acceleration (not the same hesitation I don't think)

So, I had it into the Ford dealer. The Service Manager called and said that he hooked up his laptop and went for a drive. The spark, fuel, timing and all other readings indicated that the engine and fuel/electrical system was operating properly.

He said that what I was feeling was the clutch. He said that they way the springs worked, at a certain pressure, it was locking up tighter.

Ok, these were my words based on a hurried call while I was in meetings. I am good with a wrench and have a good grasp of vehicles. I cannot say that I "get" what he was saying.

So, I reloaded the C&L racer and Brenspeed tune and it is hardly noticable when lightly accelerating and not there at all under moderate acceleration. I cannot say the tune fixed it as there could be other factors. If I find out what he was talking about, I will repost. Otherwise, I am moving on to my Triax installation.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

I have a smiliar problem at the same rpm's when the a/c is on...

Could that have effect on anything?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

dealer might as well have said "check your tire pressure" or "your water pump has air in it" or "the car is farting". i don't believe them and hope i never have to actually take the car in again. gives me hives thinking about it. . .

anyways my car did this for the first time in the straightaway this weekend during my first autocross event. VERY VERY annoying. i was trying to get up to speed and it cut out HARD for a split second. I can't remember if I was in first shifting to second or second to third.A very pronounced hesitation is how i'd describe it. no air on. TCS off. car warmed up. only difference i can think of is i used 93 gas instead of the usual 87 octane. the car did it again on the way home in third gear at about 3,000 rpms.

i have a k&n CAI/FIPK and no tune. i've had it this way basically since i bought it and had no problems. tune coming in the future. but i don't think it's the intake since the stock guys have the same problem.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Yes, I wonder if they listen to themselves.

The black wheels work great with the red car! Stealthy....
Old 05-08-2007, 06:52 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

harrison: thanks! stealthy, that's a good way to put it. . .except for the headers/catted x/macs that kinda ruin the whole "sneak up on em" plan!

has anybody had any revelations on this issue? from what i can tell, it could be a combination of any of the following:

1) fuel pump
2) coils/spark plugs
3) throttle body
4) computer problem???
5) "engine torque management system" although why would it activate randomly? not for 6,000 miles then all of a sudden???
6) all the good Ford engineers were fired and some high school industrial arts students were hired to take their places as a cost-cutting measure

i'm so effing tired of these mysteries with this car. this is number three for me [thunking, clutch pack moan, this], and the 2 TSBs that would have applied only apply to older cars BUT I NEED MINE TO BE INCLUDED.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dead Spot on Acceleration (not the same hesitation I don't think)