Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Suspension upgrade and immediately getting pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:03 AM
clfrye
1st Gear Member

Default Suspension upgrade and immediately getting pulled over

OK, I've been waiting six days for the Tokico-D struts and shocks. The Steeda rear sway bar and Spohn adjustable lower control arms have also been awaiting the Tokico's so they could all be installed at the same time. The parts are all waiting for me when I get home. I get to my friends shop around 5:30 to start working. 8:15pm I'm done. 8:20pm, so naturally it is dark out. A quiet street in a warehouse/auto shop area. I change, hop in the car and back out onto the street. I can see the lights of a car coming up the street. My friend the shopowner says hit it. I more than willing ablige, tires spinning, engine bellowing, police lights flashing. The car comingup behind me was an unmarked police car. I stop half way down the block, not even a full block before I get pulled over after the suspension upgrades. I explain I was just trying out the new modifications that I just put in. I even offer to show him the old parts that are now in the trunk. He says, I could write up for speeding and reckless driving. But he knows my friend who owns the shop and tells me to just be careful.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension upgrade and immediately getting pulled over

Lucky you.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Great story! [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif], but no incarceration.....lucky...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:22 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Good for you, I wish I had your luck, I've gotten tickets in cars, motorcycles and even on a jetsky, most of the cops were just nice people doing their jobs, but not nice enough to let me go lol, I even got a ticket for doing 60 on a 55mph zone, (that wasn't nice I guess he had a serious "size" problem. Anyway glad you gota break.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:32 AM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

20 years ago (yeah, another old guy's story ) I was leaving the tire shop after having new, raised white letter, BFG T/As put on my '67. I was pulling onto a side street so I decided to light 'em up a little. As the backend was just getting loose I glanced in the rearview and saw a white car a few blocks back...

...so after the Good Officer pulled me over, I basically said, "...new tires, wasn'tplanning to go that fast, man, I am so sorry...etc., etc."

He laughed and said, "Take it a little easier next time ."

Not every cop is an a**hole, and sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:19 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

how do you like the Tokico-D struts and shocks.....i've
been thinking of doing them

Old 04-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Jito007
2nd Gear Member

how much better is the handling with the tokico's? do u like the lower look? and is the rear end still slightly raised higher than the front? sorry for all the questions
Old 04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Lucky bastard. lol
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

[sm=innoc.gif]
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gidyup

I was leaving the tire shop after having new, raised white letter, BFG T/As put on my '67. I was pulling onto a side street so I decided to light 'em up a little. As the backend was just getting loose I glanced in the rearview and saw a white car a few blocks back...
Heh... Had the same thing happen to me in a 1980 Z-28. Told the cop the were brand new tires and that there musta been some oil and stuff on them from the shop, because I barely blipped the throttle. Lucky for me, he believed me...
[sm=guilty.gif]

Quick Reply: Suspension upgrade and immediately getting pulled over