Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Custom Dyno Tune and My saleen: Dyno Numbers Attached

Old 04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default Custom Dyno Tune and My saleen: Dyno Numbers Attached

First and foremost....Justin at VMP TUNING freaking rocks......I brought my car into him today and the last dyno run I had it was getting a tad over 369 RWHP and 372 torque. Now there are questions that the other guy did not even dyno my car right...and that may be so. BUt I had my new Custom tune by Justin at VMPTUNING and all I can say is wow....Now I am at 422.56RWHP and 416.9 Torque....pretty dang sweet,,,,The only drawback we see was that with a torque converter I would get higher numbers but as he noticed it was slipping slightly in 4th at 4200RPM...otherwise I would be higher...but 422 is nothing to sneeze at..More importantly my assometer tells me YEE HA.....here it is: I will also post in the RWHP Dyno sheet forum ....This power is awesome..oh yeah i was maxing at 8.5 lbs of boost..avvg 7.5-8

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/BA09EDBD5925486380DE185F9C0B7AAB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune and My saleen: Dyno Numbers Attached

Nice numbers!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:00 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you might want to get the converter replaced before you do any damage to the tranny. From what I've read, those that have blown their tranny, the problems were caused by the converter taking a dump first.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

very nice indeed....those numbers are in the
ballpark, of where i hopeto end up

Old 04-19-2007, 09:40 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Sweet!! I'm jealous cheftjpeck.

still deciding, I'm close to a decision but am now comparing pricing and the different packages.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

definetly swap out that converter... nice numbers though. did he tell you how much of a difference the converter would make to the hp output?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Casey39er

Default RE: Custom Dy no Tune and My saleen: Dyno Numbers Attached

Nice numbers, and I cannot agree more about the torque converter. I have had my Whipple on since January. The transmission tune has been good onthe street and at the strip but there are times that you can feel that the torque converter does not know how to handle the additional torque the engine is making. My best times at the track to date have been a 12.1 et, @ 116 MPH with a 1.76 Sixty Ft.

I have been researching torque converters for about a month now. From all I have read on the internet and with talking withtransmission people about it, the consensus is, DO NOT go cheap. (TCI)

I have ordered mine from Precision Industries, The Stallion multi disk with a 3000 stall. The case is made fromone piece billet steel and it has a two year warranty. http://www.converter.com/index.htm

They claim it should lower my ET's by about 4-5 tenths and my 60' by .15. We will see..

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the Supercharged Family

Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

definetly swap out that converter... nice numbers though. did he tell you how much of a difference the converter would make to the hp output?
no, not exactly but probably 10-20 more at least is what he hoped...but he did make sure that the tranny will be fine. He did not make too aggressive...he backed it down a little; its not locked out in 4th so that will be fine...torque converter is in the near future...
Old 04-20-2007, 01:25 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

First and foremost....Justin at VMP TUNING freaking rocks......I brought my car into him today and the last dyno run I had it was getting a tad over 369 RWHP and 372 torque. Now there are questions that the other guy did not even dyno my car right...and that may be so. BUt I had my new Custom tune by Justin at VMPTUNING and all I can say is wow....Now I am at 422.56RWHP and 416.9 Torque....pretty dang sweet,,,,The only drawback we see was that with a torque converter I would get higher numbers but as he noticed it was slipping slightly in 4th at 4200RPM...otherwise I would be higher...but 422 is nothing to sneeze at..More importantly my assometer tells me YEE HA.....here it is: I will also post in the RWHP Dyno sheet forum ....This power is awesome..oh yeah i was maxing at 8.5 lbs of boost..avvg 7.5-8

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/BA09EDBD5925486380DE185F9C0B7AAB.jpg[/IMG]
All of the super charged mustangs w/automatic converters do that at 4200rpm in 4th. The converter is unlocking, indicated by a whoop te do on the graph. The N/A Mustang automatic conveters unlock at about 5200rpm in 4th.
The automatic convertors will unlock in 4th gear at approx. 125mph.

The PCM can be programmed to lock the converter to prevent this from happening.

Mine use to do that until I got the Automatic Transmission Tune from Doug at BC.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

Very, verynice numbers. Your air/fuel ratio looks great too, as it safely stays under 12.0 over the entire spectrum. That is absolutely key to ensuring your engine doesn't blow up on you down the road...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Dyno Tune and My saleen: Dyno Numbers Attached