Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whats the most boost you guys are running?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
KIMMER
1st Gear Member

Default Whats the most boost you guys are running?

Whats the highest boost you guys are running on the stock setups? I plan on getting a turbo, and wondered how high I can go before...BOOM!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the most boost you guys are running?

ask JDback LOL................its all about your tune, if you have an intercooler or not, the method of FI, and your tune. also, your tune is very important.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

I am at 9psi with my turbo. I put down 392 rwhp and 404 rwtq in 90% humidty. We could of got 40-60 more hp out of it at the 9psi, keep in mind this was on a mustang dyno. I am really happy, this all done with 20" rims eating up HP. also dyno run was shut down at 5100 rpm and hp and tq still climbing. Tune is everything
Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

I'm running a Saleen blower with a 3.4" pulley at about 10psi peak. That being said I'm not racing around all day either. It's a daily driver and I like to just have the power when I need/want it. Most of the time it's normal driving.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:54 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I'm running a procharger at 10 but it puts out 13 lbs at 6300 rpms. I am actually having it defanged a little on saturday, until engine rebuild....present rwhp makes me nervous although a/f ratio is 12 all the way. It's getting plenty of fuel now.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

I'm running a procharger at 10 but it puts out 13 lbs at 6300 rpms. I am actually having it defanged a little on saturday, until engine rebuild....present rwhp makes me nervous although a/f ratio is 12 all the way. It's getting plenty of fuel now.

Yeah , I' ve been watching your progress for a while.

How bout let me drive it sometime?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

failurze_art

Sure anytime. It will much much easier to driveonce the auto goes in.I'm an Aggie dad, was in College Station two weeks ago, went through Huntsville, so maybe we'll meet one dayin Texas.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 PM
KIMMER
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I will be putting my order in for a turbo setup next week. Can't wait to get some more ponies under the hood.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:25 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Hey forensicSteve,
I was one of the guys on the brazos valley board that talked to you. I'm sorry i didnt get to make it out and meet you in person, but I had to run home for some family stuff that weekend. Hope to meet you in person sometime when your in college station again.

Oh and defanged....BOO[:'(]!!! Lol, when you told me about the numbers that car was putting down, my immediate thoughts were its gonna go boom anytime. Glad its stayin together! Anyways, keep us updated on the car and when you'll be in college station again
Old 04-21-2007, 12:10 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Hey TexStang06
It was great fun meeting some of you by Rudy's. Since then, I decided to change out the 5 speed for
a full manual autofrom FB Performance Transmissions in New York. It's rated for 900 hp and cmes with a trans-brake and high-stall torque converter. Will make launches so much easier and consistent. I ordered it yesterday.

Will contact the club next time I head out that way.

Quick Reply: Whats the most boost you guys are running?