Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

shift lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 AM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

Default RE: shift lights

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Well I'm not a fan of the BAT (big assed tach) so the raptor worked perfect for me

dude thats awesome. ive never really thought much about getting a shift light cuz i dont really like the way the whole light housing thing looks, but i think that's a great way to conceal it and i would of never thought of that. now i think i might put some more thought into getting one someday
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I got the idea here actually. I forget who had it done first, its by far the best mod for me though because when I first got my car I hit the rev limiter several times because of my trying to "listen to shift" skills failing often.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

i like them all they look really good, the main reason i want one i beacause today......i lost to a STI beacause i tramped on 1st for like 2-3 sec and he got away like15 ft. on second i started to pull in like 5 ft.but we hit traffic i got so angry at myself that i just went down to normal speed and lowered my head and told my self what a dumd ***. any way everybody seems to go with raptor, is it brigth enough even though its that small?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:13 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Putting it there, seems like it would blind the hell out of you and cause an accident? Not sure whats going on with the pics below, but I'm referencing the location in the center guage cluster from your post above.

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

here's mine.... so far I like it... at night it could stop traffic LOL

much less money than your classic light... and you can install it yourself in an hour or less if u know your way around a car.. so it too me 2

Old 04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Another Raptor.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/8AAE4142F89244CF9337EE7BFFA7B87F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: praztek

Putting it there, seems like it would blind the hell out of you and cause an accident? Not sure whats going on with the pics below, but I'm referencing the location in the center guage cluster from your post above.

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

here's mine.... so far I like it... at night it could stop traffic LOL

uch less money than your classic light... and you can install it yourself in an hour or less if u know your way around a car.. so it too me 2

[/quote]

well in daylight its not an issue... and at night I've tested it once and it did not matter.... keep in mind that it flashes for like a second or less.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Budman2K
1st Gear Member

The Raptor comes with 3 rubber covers. In my case with the blue led's, a blue one, a clear one and a black one. The clear one dims it pretty good, the blue quite abit more and is great for night time use, and the black one obviously blocks all the light. Without the cover it is very bright and at night will illuminate the interior. I have used it quite often at night without the cover and I am more concerned about drawing too much attention to myself due to the blue light, than to being blinded, but yes the blue cover is better at night. The light only comes on when you hit your presetshift pointand hopefully is only on for a split second if all goes well.

ORIGINAL: praztek

Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

yeah.. forgot about the covers... have the clear on mine all the time
Old 04-25-2007, 12:48 AM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Very cool, I should be getting mine in the mail any day now. Looking to install it in the air vent, hopefully all goes smooth !

Quick Reply: shift lights