Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

more problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:56 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default more problems!!

So for the past week i have ran into a few more problems to add to the list. I drove it about 7 miles to a friends house and parked it in front of his driveway. It was running fine the whole way there. As im walking back over to it it starts to drip a little bit under the motor. Then all of the sudden it started dumping out fluid. I opened the hood and it was antifreeze. Took it to the dealer after coming to the conclusion that there was still plenty in it to drive it less than a mile further down the road. Turns out it was the radiator cap. While it was there, I had them do an oil change and rotation. I got it home and pulled it into the garage. Opened the hood and the dipstick is lying across the motor. 3 hours later I go out and check the oil and its not even showing up on the dipstick, so i call them and bitch until they send someone out. (They wanted me to drive it back!!)

Now today I pull it out of the garage and look to see a small puddle of something right about where the back left tire was parked. Not quite sure what it is but I will be taking it back in tomorrow.

rant over[sm=headbang.gif]

ps. This car has been nothing but problems from the beginning....
Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: more problems!!

i hope things start gettin' better for ya....the
stang can truly be a joy, under the right
circumstances
Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Honestly bro you proved why I believe in doing all the work on my car. You should have looked your car over when they threw you the keys though. I don't have designer jeans or manicured hands so if and when I ever go to a shop of any sort, I'll do a 30 point check from top to bottom because of experiances like yours. I once had a loose oil pan bolt that resulted in a locked block when I was 17, so my wisdom taught me to look over MY car. If I don't who will?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Dang, you could have blown that engine and not even your fault and those dunbasses whated you to drive it back!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Honestly bro you proved why I believe in doing all the work on my car. You should have looked your car over when they threw you the keys though. I don't have designer jeans or manicured hands so if and when I ever go to a shop of any sort, I'll do a 30 point check from top to bottom because of experiances like yours. I once had a loose oil pan bolt that resulted in a locked block when I was 17, so my wisdom taught me to look over MY car. If I don't who will?
To be honest with you. I thought about it. But I also thought that maybe a ford dealer would know what to do. From now on, I will be checking everything over. But I'll just start doing the oil changes myself again. I have had problems with two different dealers now. When they finally out to put more oil in, they said that the tech. that worked on it thought it was a six cyl. !@!@$$ WTF, if they have techs that cannot tell the difference by just looking at the motor...uhh, enough said.

I am going to bring the car to a different dealer today to get the leak checked out, also to do the fuel pump TSB, parking brake TSB, and the axel hum/whine TSB. Maybe my luck will start getting better?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

maybe you should drive it back so they throw in a new engine-!

no seriously, hope all gets better

Must be a lemon
Old 04-24-2007, 04:26 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Good luck
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

dude, take a few deep breaths. i've had some very aggravating problems with my car as well [07 GT], one of which is the clutch pack whine. just take it one problem at a time. you'll get it all together eventually despite the dealership's best efforts at sabotaging it. it's highly unfortunate that these days you HAVE to take your car to the dealer for certain things if you want them "covered" under the warranty umbrella, and yet you cannot trust them for a nano second. I avoid them at all costs. A few things:
1) ask around the forum for the name of a dealership relatively close to you that has a good service dept.
2) your gears will most likely whine at least as much as they were before. just warning you. if they do, add a small bottle of friction modifier and the whine will go away. that's what i did rather than letting them tear the gears out and causing more problems.

just my experience for what it's worth.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: more problems!! (UPDATED)

So I finally had time to get the car in car yesterday 4/26. Turns out the rear left shock needs to be replaced, they ordered it.

I also had it in for the TSB on the fuel pump. I never said anything about a TSB when I dropped the car off. The guy said he ran it for an hour and couldnt duplicate the problem. He was being a dick to me because im young. He also told me that this issue does not apply to my car. When I got in the car, it only had 8 more miles on it from when I dropped it off in the morning.....but he said he ran it for an hour...hmm. I don't think so. AND I still have to go back to get the shock replaced and deal with them again
Old 04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
jas451

Default RE: more problems!! (UPDATED)

No wonder Ford is in trouble!! Doesn't sound like a 'Blue Oval' dealer!
I drive 35 miles to the dealer that I bought it from because of their rep. even
though there is another dealer 2 miles from where I live. My wife had a Taurus
wagon that would 'surge' sometimes when she started out from a standstill.
The "2-mile" dealer wanted us to replace the transmission. I went for a drive
with the Service Mgr and we popped the hood a discovered a broken bracket
the held the throttle cable which would cause the surging every now and then.
$10 bucks vs. $3500.!!! Big diff.

Quick Reply: more problems!!