Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Will oil change not done by dealer void warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

Default Will oil change not done by dealer void warranty

Out of curiousity(stupidity).... I'm having my first oil change ( 3.000 mls ) coming up. I talked to a guy at work and he told me for a "regular" oil change, I could go wherever... without voiding waranty.
Is this a fact? 'cause that would save me to pain of taking of CAI/tune and not having to worry about maybe not being able to start the car up again....
Any comment welcome (even the stupid ones)
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Will oil change not done by dealer void warranty

You can take it anywhere for an oil change. I take mine elsewhere, because the dealership doesn't have full synthetic oil.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

Awesome,

Thanks for the fast reply
Old 04-26-2007, 05:45 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

Uhhh...my dealer would not put Royal Purple in my car and said that if I did, it would void the engine warranty. Royal Purple doe not have the same certificatioons that other full sythetics have because it's "race oil."

Dealer put Mobil 1 in, and had to get authorization from Ford to do so.

I change my oil myself...I just save the receipts...shows timeframe and oil put in the car.

Why risk your warranty for a different brand of synthetic. Totally not worth it...and Mobil 1 is available anywhere.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:50 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Your dealer sir, is an idiot. You can put what ever brand engine oil you want. I have never in my life heard that before. I have owned 10 cars in my short life. Common sense says that makes Zero sense
Old 04-26-2007, 05:50 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

Hmm, nice to know...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

Your dealer sir, is an idiot. You can put what ever brand engine oil you want. I have never in my life heard that before. I have owned 10 cars in my short life. Common sense says that makes Zero sense
My uncle is a Ford Mechanic, he said Royal Purple= Voided Warranty, doesnt meet certain certifications of other oils I guess.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

When I was younger I too worked for ford, ford will say anything to void your warrenty! There the worst company when it comes to warrenty work. I was once told by a manager to tell some kid because he had bald tires we voided his warrenty on his blown engine because we felt he was racing. End of the day, they ford can talk all that crap they want, if you let them void your warrenty than you got no ballz. Thats what they do push people into beliving that crap...........Dont belive everything you hear! regardless who tells you. 90% of the guys I worked there with were liars!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

When I was younger I too worked for ford, ford will say anything to void your warrenty! There the worst company when it comes to warrenty work. I was once told by a manager to tell some kid because he had bald tires we voided his warrenty on his blown engine because we felt he was racing. End of the day, they ford can talk all that crap they want, if you let them void your warrenty than you got no ballz. Thats what they do push people into beliving that crap...........Dont belive everything you hear! regardless who tells you. 90% of the guys I worked there with were liars!
You have a good point
Old 04-26-2007, 06:38 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Just thought I'd let you all know. Royal Purple's Motor Oil is API approved and claims it will not void the warranty. However, their Racing Oil is designed for pure performance and is not API approved. I'm hoping that means the Motor Oil is safe to use. But I'm looking at Amsoil since they seem to meet Ford's standards.

Quick Reply: Will oil change not done by dealer void warranty