Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Borla Long Tube??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

Default Borla Long Tube??

Anyone kno of a website where you can purchase the borla longtubes for a realatively cheap price? everywhere i look they are at least 1200 bucks, and another question is i definetly want to get long tubes but is amercian racing or jba just as good as borla...i dont kno why but its just somethign about borla that says "buy me" and i allready have the catback system so would like to finsish off the exhaust with there long tubes but dont want to shell out 1200 + bucks for them when i can get some american racing ones for 800...

thx in advance...
Old 04-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Borla Long Tube??

We sell all the brands you mentioned and I'd have to say that the ARH out of the 3 is of the highest quality. Yees Borla is a quality product as well ads the JBA's however the ARH headers are a step up from both and in the upper class of specialty headers with Stainless Works and Kooks.

Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. Thanks, Jared
Old 04-27-2007, 12:33 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

dynatechs fit perfect
Old 04-28-2007, 12:25 AM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

We sell all the brands you mentioned and I'd have to say that the ARH out of the 3 is of the highest quality. Yees Borla is a quality product as well ads the JBA's however the ARH headers are a step up from both and in the upper class of specialty headers with Stainless Works and Kooks.

Can you tell me why borla and american racing and kooks cost 400-500 more than the others, are they made of a better metal? Or is it just the name?
And whats the difference between the sizes ex. 1 3/4 1 5/8?

Old 04-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Thr reason for the pricing on lines like Kooks, Borla and ARH being more than others is due to several reasons. Craftsman ship as well as material make that difference. For instance JBA is a great header for the $$ but they're made from 409. They're coated but still made from lesser quality of metal. No doubt they work great however there are better materials out there being used by the premium header manufacturers. Hooker headers are offered at a great price and probably work very well however I personally don't think they'll last as long as a 304 stainless header and again it's about craftmanship.

Thats what seperates a Nissans leather interior to the Ferraris hand stiched leather.. Catch what I'm saying?

I personally just put a sick set of Kooks on my 03 Cobra. I could've put any header on as I've got access to them all. I considered MAC as they make a great header for my car which costs next to nothing however I wanted the best and thats what I got. Top notch material, precision welds and I know they'll last..

Hope that helps. Jared

ORIGINAL: FLA Dreadhead

Can you tell me why borla and american racing and kooks cost 400-500 more than the others, are they made of a better metal? Or is it just the name?

Old 04-28-2007, 01:06 AM
FLA Dreadhead
2nd Gear Member

Thr reason for the pricing on lines like Kooks, Borla and ARH being more than others is due to several reasons. Craftsman ship as well as material make that difference. For instance JBA is a great header for the $$ but they're made from 409. They're coated but still made from lesser quality of metal. No doubt they work great however there are better materials out there being used by the premium header manufacturers. Hooker headers are offered at a great price and probably work very well however I personally don't think they'll last as long as a 304 stainless header and again it's about craftmanship.

Thats what seperates a Nissans leather interior to the Ferraris hand stiched leather.. Catch what I'm saying?

I personally just put a sick set of Kooks on my 03 Cobra. I could've put any header on as I've got access to them all. I considered MAC as they make a great header for my car which costs next to nothing however I wanted the best and thats what I got. Top notch material, precision welds and I know they'll last..

Hope that helps. Jared

ORIGINAL: FLA Dreadhead

Ok kool i get what your saying, basically you get what you pay for....

but about the different sizes, whats the deal with the dif sizes as in th 1 3/4 and 1 5/8 and others, what is recommended and why?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

The sizes of the headers are there for different stages of performance. On a naturally aspirated car you don't want to go too large on the primary size as you'll be letting too much air out of the engine when you're not adding to the induction side. So thats why a lot of people recommend a 1-5/8" header on an N/A car and 1-3/4" headers on a Supercharged or Nitrous car.

With the 05+ GT though we've seen the 1-3/4" work great on both N/A and Supercharged applications. We offer the 1-5/8" however our best sellers are the 1-3/4" ones. Best of all is that you have the ability to grow into the 1-3/4's as well rather then getting the 1-5/8 ones just to add a blower at a later date needing 1-3/4's then.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. Thanks, Jared

Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I have one that I bought and never used for $950 + shipping with the x-pipe. Bought it b4 I had the $ for the turbo and you can't do LT with a turbo.

Andrew