Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Goals..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Goals..

While I am not dead set on Adjustables, I think in the long run it would be better for me. Eventually (after the bet is over), I plan on dropping the rear about 1 inch to level her out and the adjustables would certainly be better in that situation. While I could always re-replace the LCA's, the wife is already remindingme that I am spending money on a car I haven't even taken delivery on, and she would likely flip if I went replacing parts I had replaced once already. Don't get me wrong, the wife is all about me smoking lil bro... but she's not into pissing money away for no reason. If the GT500 LCA's are better than stock, I think I know where I can get a set of take off's for about $45 bucks and even if I upgrade to adjustables, I can stand to eat (and hide )a $45 loss. Hell, I could even blame the guy who sold them to me and say something to the effect of "told me they would do what I needed. Guess he was wrong... lol.

As for tires, I think I may have that squared away. My Colorado has 245/45/17's on it now that are pretty sticky and when I trade it in, the dealer told me today that they are willing to swap the tires from the 'stang to the 'radoif I pay to balance them all. Better all round tires than the Pirelli's, and should only cost me about $40 or so.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:42 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Goals..

GT500 are better than stock GTs