Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Went to buy a GT Bad Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Went to buy a GT Bad Experience

ORIGINAL: Black GT

ORIGINAL: androdz

Just so you know buying a new 2006 model is actually a bad idea because it already has 1 year of depreciation just so you know. I would wait 1 year to get the 2008 model.

Andrew
Actually it isn't a bad idea because you can get a better deal on an '06. Since they are cheaper, the extra money you pay for an '07 or '08 would most likely offset the difference in depreciation. You might even be paying more than the difference in the depreciation amount for the added costs of an '08.

Plus '06s are slightly lighter than '07s, which = slightly faster. And '06 manuals come with 3.55 rear ends standard, on 07s you have to pay extra for 3.55

This is true. My 1 week old 2007 justwent down$5000.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Dodger101

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

hahaha, dont consider the 2006 a left over, i got a 2006!!! but that really sux. the dealership i went to tried to screw me and my dad over when we went to get the car... they always will try to screw people over for a little more money. they arent really about customer service around the Frederick area...
The rudeness of the salesman at the Ford Dealership in Fredericksburg, is why I have a Used 05 Mustang instead of a new 07 Mustang. When I went to look at the GT the salesman just acted as if I was a big inconvience in his day, and an actual a test drive was going to take an act of god to get the keys. Understand I am 36 years old, make over $100k a year and had enough money in saving to write a check for the car, so it wasn't like I was a teenager just trying to get a free test drive. I walked off the lot swearing I would never even so much as buy a oil change at that dealership.

Anyway, as I drove off the lot, the used car lot across the street has a '05 GT, with 8 k miles for $20,000 (private owner that couldn't keep up with the payements), and a very nice salesman that was happy to see me. Too good a deal to pass up.I was driving that car in less than 24 hours.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM
matthewbutl30

yea when iwent to get my mustang i got it ordered from them and i got it fully loaded and when i got there i wanted to 2 tone interior but it was all black. and they tried to tell me that the stiching was dove and tried to pull that bul**** i had to complain to the company for 3 monthes before they finaly fixed it i wanted to strangle them. dont go the the hackensack dealership in nj there costermer service is ****.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
fordraceingman

so you beat on the car, and the dealership is a scum bag huh lol, dealerships get a bad rap, they didn't build the car, im sure they didn't know there was a problem either, and i bet they have no problem fixing it.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:32 PM
ALLCHEST
1st Gear Member

Go elsewhere and get a manual
Old 05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Just so you know buying a new 2006 model is actually a bad idea because it already has 1 year of depreciation just so you know. I would wait 1 year to get the 2008 model.

Andrew
If you look at the deal he was getting fo ra new car you'll see why it could have been a great idea!
The depreciation come from the miles driven, not the year of a car. A new 2006 will be worth more than an '08 with 12,000 miles on it. Plus the dealer might throw in some extras just to get rid of an older model.
Wrong, depreciation comes from the year and not the miles driven. The year matters 10x more than the miles driven. Compare at any of the resale value sites check the black book or go to www.kbb.com and check it out for yourself.

Andrew
Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
matthewbutl30

yea they were horrible but they did thay tried to get off the hook and sell me the car withount the seats it was really inconviniant i should have gona somewhere else but the deal that they were giving me was very good i got 4000 off the actual cost of the car. i think that the fact that i bought the car for less that they usualy get it for had something to do with it.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Andrew
If you look at the deal he was getting fo ra new car you'll see why it could have been a great idea!
The depreciation come from the miles driven, not the year of a car. A new 2006 will be worth more than an '08 with 12,000 miles on it. Plus the dealer might throw in some extras just to get rid of an older model.
Wrong, depreciation comes from the year and not the miles driven. The year matters 10x more than the miles driven. Compare at any of the resale value sites check the black book or go to www.kbb.com and check it out for yourself.

Andrew
I just went to kbb and checked it. I entered an '06 Mustang GT with 1,200 miles and also a '07 Mustang GT with 12,000 miles. With everything else the same, and with the '07 having 10x more mileage than the '06, the values should be equal. But they are not equal. According to kbb the '06 is worth more. It has a retail value of $27,260 and the '07 has a retail value of $26,530 (from the examples above).
Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Andrew

Andrew
I just went to kbb and checked it. I entered an '06 Mustang GT with 1,200 miles and also a '07 Mustang GT with 12,000 miles. With everything else the same, and with the '07 having 10x more mileage than the '06, the values should be equal. But they are not equal. According to kbb the '06 is worth more. It has a retail value of $27,260 and the '07 has a retail value of $26,530 (from the examples above).
Thanks for proving what everyone who has been around the block knows! Some guys just want to argue, even if they are talking when they should be listening.
May you live long and prosper!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

that white stuff was probably the dealers rust coating...when i bought my 06 v6 pony package it smoked for awhile just until it burnt off......so if thats the case i guess the jokes on you!!!

Quick Reply: Went to buy a GT Bad Experience