Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V

In my opinion it would be badass to have a GT500 engine under the hood, 2X more badass if its moded !
Old 05-02-2007, 11:55 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MexGT

uhmmm wouldn't just buying a new GT500 engine (15k dlls) + KB bigg **** supercharger including instalation would be cheaper to re-do completely the stock 4.6?
because the setup im looking at, all-inclusive, is about 14 large. the GT500 engine alone is 15G's, + the blower, + building up the tranny, it gets reall ****** expensive, plus the weight of the 5.4 block............
Old 05-02-2007, 11:57 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BillyBobJoe

well..my fav setup is the T56. You and I have discuess this plenty and I dont know of anything for the TR3650 tranny as far as upgrade kits. I remember seeing lots of kits for the old T5. Good times...if he wants to keep to a 5spd, I'd say TKO.

Basically, my 3 tranny options:

T56-Can handle immense amout of power. Get a 1st gear of 2.97 at least, anything lower(numerically higher) will need some rear end gears. I recomend something like a .5 for the 6th gear to keep gas mileage good for cruising. But whatever, the important part is gears 1-2-3 to keep the car going once it gets off the line. Since the T-56 generally has those high gears in first gear, I'd recomend something like 3.73s in the rear. I dont think anything lower is necessary because of the torque monster going under the hood.

TKO- Best 5spd out there imo. Depending on the rated tq capacity (500 or 600) first gear is varied. 3.27 or 2.87 respectably. The problem with the 500 tq capacity is that 1-2 gear is very wide and in a drag could kind of lose pull. The 600ft lb tq will require something of at least 3.73s, 3.90s. 5th gear is around .82 or .64. Once again, I'd get the .64 for gas, but this aint my car. This is based on Tremec's site. Sometimes vendors will have different gear ratios than that of a factory TKO.

Custom tranny: You might be able to get Tremec to build a tranny since money might not be a problem. Probably the most pricey route. We can use the measurements of a T56 or TR3650 depending on the gear count he wants to order a custom tranny with custom gears. Or purcahse a used tranny and a new gearset with the ratios you want. My favorite setup would be a six-speed, ~3.35 1st gear, down to ~.5 6th gear. Keep the 3.55 rear and you can get off the line with the torque at an ungodly speed and keep the revs low when cruising.

its an automatic, and he's keeping it an automatic
Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

lol...i forgot about the auto part...
Old 05-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

Check out this motor you can get from ford. Its the exact setup on Ken Gushi's car which is whipple supercharger pushing 700 hp. The 4.6 aluminum block is a newer redesigned version and all the internals are forged as well as the engine having a lower compression. http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news55.asp Also you can get it completely built, although you'd have to call to see if they are available yet. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9678 Just click on "where to buy on the page with the built engine for a whole list of places that sell it. -Andrew
Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Transgo makes a shift/upgrade kit with a few tougher parts. Besdies that, higher stall converter, one piece driveshaft...and some trust in the built ford tough (cough cough)
Old 05-03-2007, 08:10 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I have the Level 10 Stage III trans. I am very happy with it. I also have their billet converter because I dont like the TCI, which is just a re-worked OEM converter.
They claim will hold 800 RWHP. They also have a completely manual valve-body version with select-shift.
So there is two more options.
If you follow ForFanBoy's plan you are going to need to do something to the trans. the stock trans will never ever hold 700 RWHP, sorry. Mine didnt live long at 460 RWHP.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

LOL - that's why rebuild the trans was number 3. I don't know of anyone holding one up steady after 500 rwhp.

You are the first person that actually agreed with me about the TCI. It's got a lot of fans but I'm not impressed with it. I have one from a small company called TCS that is really good.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

LOL - that's why rebuild the trans was number 3. I don't know of anyone holding one up steady after 500 rwhp.

You are the first person that actually agreed with me about the TCI. It's got a lot of fans but I'm not impressed with it. I have one from a small company called TCS that is really good.

what was involved in building the tranny?

can u give me more info on some of the parts, i can't find them anywhere. any and all info you have would be a huggggggge help.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

i assume this is what you guys were referring to.

http://www.levelten.com/store/ford/p...tang_94_up.htm

Quick Reply: Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V