Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V

my friend, who now has a 2005 Mustang GT automatic with a vortech V-1, and steeda axlebacks, is looking to upgrade, specifically, to a built motor, Kenne Bell supercharged, 700+HP daily driver/street warrior. im currently looking into setups from Sean Hyland Motorsports, but i want to know EVERYTHING we would need to upgrade, reccomended parts, good tuners/shops around south florida, anything i should know, etc. he's basically charged me with finding all the right parts for him, and hes got the $ and stuff and i just think its really friggin cool that i get to "build" a setup like this and have a chance to see it in action.

so anything you know, at all, every single part i would need to order, tell me. thank you.

also, he needs a new oil pan, whats a good hi-po, hi capacity oil pan? what else would i need?

he neeeds a new one because the current one has a hole drilled in it (oil tapping for teh vortech)
Old 05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V

Morosso oil pan hands down the best, but will have to get the bmr front brace to protect it because it is a tad larger than the factory one.

Andrew
Old 05-01-2007, 10:04 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

you'll need me too since I'm in the area.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:22 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Morroso Eliminator aluminum oil pan and you need no such brace. And stay away from SHM - they sell junk. If you are in Florida area, I gave you the best builder hands down in that area.

What you are going to want to achive your goal and be able to lay the smack down at the track...

Built motor from Al Papito (Boss 330 Racing) on a teksid or romeo block
P/P heads w/oversize valves, TT springs/retainers from same guys
PA Trans pan
rebuild your trans
TC
L/T Headers
Morroso Elininator pan
Canton windage tray
Steffs oil serperator and -12 lines
#60 injectors
CPR Fuel rails
-8 lines in the entire car
Twin Ford GT Supercar pumps or GT500 dual pumps with extra DM and harness
KB 40 amp Boost-a-pump
KB spark-a-boost
Meizure EH20 pump
Cobra Crank Pulley
Fluidyne Radiator
AFCO or Gordsford dual pass heat exchanger
BMR Tubular A arms
BMR Radiator support/swaybar delete
Panhard bar
LPW Low profile girdle
HTO Spark plugs
BMR Extreme anit-roll bar (the older weld-in version)
Good Upper and Lower CA's (CHE, BMR, or Metco)
Moser sfi approved axels
tube weld your axels with 9" housing ends
Custom overflow 'icebox'
Eibach springs
QA1 shocks and struts
Detroit Locker
28x10.5-15 MT ET drag slicks on 15" Bogart welded RT's for the track
Nitto 555R 305/45/18 for the street
Roll cage
Kenne Bell 2.6 H/O version full intercooled kit (but you are going to swap the heat exchanger to one listed above)
8 rib set-up system
#15 pulley for street
#20-24 pulley for track

BTW - this is almost the exact set-up in my car.

If money was no object, then the best set-up on the planet would a Ford GT supercar motor with a whipple 3.3 on top. That would make over 1000 rwhp on an S197 and would be cool but expensive.

Or - just buy a GT500 motor and put the new Kenne Bell 2.8 kit and you will make 800 rwhp.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:26 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

You dont need the brace but it will protect it from a direct hit to the oil pan since it sits a tad lower than the stock one. My ex ****ed her jetta because she hit a rock with her oil pan and kept driving it.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

any more ideas? what about building up the stock tranny to strength? how would i go about doing that? other things that need to be strengthened?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

[8D]

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...42&t=rides
Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

uhmmm wouldn't just buying a new GT500 engine (15k dlls) + KB bigg **** supercharger including instalation would be cheaper to re-do completely the stock 4.6?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Prolly closer to equal
Old 05-02-2007, 11:47 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

well..my fav setup is the T56. You and I have discuess this plenty and I dont know of anything for the TR3650 tranny as far as upgrade kits. I remember seeing lots of kits for the old T5. Good times...if he wants to keep to a 5spd, I'd say TKO.

Basically, my 3 tranny options:

T56-Can handle immense amout of power. Get a 1st gear of 2.97 at least, anything lower(numerically higher) will need some rear end gears. I recomend something like a .5 for the 6th gear to keep gas mileage good for cruising. But whatever, the important part is gears 1-2-3 to keep the car going once it gets off the line. Since the T-56 generally has those high gears in first gear, I'd recomend something like 3.73s in the rear. I dont think anything lower is necessary because of the torque monster going under the hood.

TKO- Best 5spd out there imo. Depending on the rated tq capacity (500 or 600) first gear is varied. 3.27 or 2.87 respectably. The problem with the 500 tq capacity is that 1-2 gear is very wide and in a drag could kind of lose pull. The 600ft lb tq will require something of at least 3.73s, 3.90s. 5th gear is around .82 or .64. Once again, I'd get the .64 for gas, but this aint my car. This is based on Tremec's site. Sometimes vendors will have different gear ratios than that of a factory TKO.

Custom tranny: You might be able to get Tremec to build a tranny since money might not be a problem. Probably the most pricey route. We can use the measurements of a T56 or TR3650 depending on the gear count he wants to order a custom tranny with custom gears. Or purcahse a used tranny and a new gearset with the ratios you want. My favorite setup would be a six-speed, ~3.35 1st gear, down to ~.5 6th gear. Keep the 3.55 rear and you can get off the line with the torque at an ungodly speed and keep the revs low when cruising.

Quick Reply: Building a 700+HP, Kenne Bell supercharged built 3V