Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

UDP Question for us people in the Arizona heat.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:14 AM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default UDP Question for us people in the Arizona heat.

I understand that they are a great upgrade and for most people and won't cause a single problem. However I live in Arizona, hello 120 degree summers with black leather interior!(I know but I love my car, and knew what I was getting into.) Anyway I have read that the only real problem can develop with UDPs is when your running your cars accessories at max, I imagine AC being the biggest drain, and trust me in the Summer, I need that Max AC at times. Any opinions on whether I should pull the trigger on UDPs? And sorry for my abundance of post lately. I came into some money and making sure I understand what I am getting into, I do utilize the search function on everything I ask about, but a lot of people are just asking simple questions, I have more complex problems to diagnose
Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: UDP Question for us people in the Arizona heat.

i lived in tucson, i know the summer heat....

if putting on UDP's to gain 10rwhp cut down on my
nice cool air......i wouldpass...

ORIGINAL: OxSMSxO

I understand that they are a great upgrade and for most people and won't cause a single problem. However I live in Arizona, hello 120 degree summers with black leather interior!(I know but I love my car, and knew what I was getting into.) Anyway I have read that the only real problem can develop with UDPs is when your running your cars accessories at max, I imagine AC being the biggest drain, and trust me in the Summer, I need that Max AC at times. Any opinions on whether I should pull the trigger on UDPs? And sorry for my abundance of post lately. I came into some money and making sure I understand what I am getting into, I do utilize the search function on everything I ask about, but a lot of people are just asking simple questions, I have more complex problems to diagnose
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Okay so I put UPDs on this winter. Now since it is starting to get nice and by nice I mean HOT I have gotten the opportunity to do some AC testing

Here is my conclusion...the S197 A/C works freakin' too well...Last summer (before UDP) the damn car would freeze me out!!!! It was almost hard to get it to a comfortable cool...it was just ICE cold.

I am noticing that it takes a little longer to get the cabin nice and cool (and I'm talking maybe 5 minutes at most)...and the A/C still can make me freeze...now it is only in the high 90's and even peaking over 100 so far, but I feel confident that it will be just fine.....the "Max A/C" position still means put on long sleeves....

Your fine with your UDPs...continue along....
Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Good to know, I was curious about this as well. From what I understand, the install is so simple it would be feasible to switch the pulley's back to stock in the hot months. Aside from that, I'm getting gears at the same time, so my mods should offset eachother with higher RPM's.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm Im ordering 4.10 gears as well through Brenspeed soon as they're not back ordered, if this helps offset UDPs, bonus! Didn't know it worked like that.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

I don't know for certain either. On the highway it would definitely be logical, but in stop and go it probably depends on your shift points. Since you have more torque to the ground, you'll probably be stepping on it less and shifting at around the same RPM's if you are used to tach and do not look at it much after the swap. If you are like me, you tend to shift a little higher (I like to keep it torquey) and your accessories should spin about the same as stock on average.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

I have UDPs in my car and the A/C makes my center dash silver thing to sweat cuz of the cold the a/c gets.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I haven't had one single problem with my Steeda Pullys. My car was made in September 2004. Do the math.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Grabber72
1st Gear Member

Dont mean to steal the thread, but I have that problem as well down here in South Carolina and I have the Shaker 1000. Has anyone experienced any problems with the UDPs with a upgraded system?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 AM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grabber72

Dont mean to steal the thread, but I have that problem as well down here in South Carolina and I have the Shaker 1000. Has anyone experienced any problems with the UDPs with a upgraded system?

then don't steal the thread....just start a new one....your question and his are not that closely related....just start a new thread...or search because it has been talked about before.....

Quick Reply: UDP Question for us people in the Arizona heat.