Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Reducing Heat Soak in 07 GT 5-Sp

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Reducing Heat Soak in 07 GT 5-Sp

You ignorant, illiterate A$$ - READ YOUR POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you did not say it is "like" a racial slur - you said

"While I agree with the logic in your argument, it's pretty hard not to take offense when someone calls you retarded. I'll bet even if you were retarded and fully aware of your retardation, you would still be just as offended as when a person of a particular race is directly referred to with a racial slur"

It's right there on the screen for us all to see dumbass -

"Read before you comment, I said it is "LIKE" a racial slur. "Retarded" is not the appropriate word to describe a physical or mental handicap or challenge. Don't correct someone who is correcting someone if you cannot read in the first place."

Hmmm - exactly what word then would you use to describe said handicap? I know what you meant to say with this, but once again it shows you as illiterate. The word retarded has nothing to do whatsoever with race. If I call someone a wetback, *****, gook,******, or slope - THAT would be a racial slur. Get an education before you come at me with anything.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

You ignorant, illiterate A$$ - READ YOUR POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you did not say it is "like" a racial slur - you said

"While I agree with the logic in your argument, it's pretty hard not to take offense when someone calls you retarded. I'll bet even if you were retarded and fully aware of your retardation, you would still be just as offended as when a person of a particular race is directly referred to with a racial slur"

It's right there on the screen for us all to see dumbass -

"Read before you comment, I said it is "LIKE" a racial slur. "Retarded" is not the appropriate word to describe a physical or mental handicap or challenge. Don't correct someone who is correcting someone if you cannot read in the first place."

Hmmm - exactly what word then would you use to describe said handicap? I know what you meant to say with this, but once again it shows you as illiterate. The word retarded has nothing to do whatsoever with race. If I call someone a wetback, *****, gook,******, or slope - THAT would be a racial slur. Get an education before you come at me with anything.
-Back on topic-

both of these guys would perform better if they weren't so hot headed
Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Hrmmm, "just 'as' offended" or "like"...that is your issue? Both of those terms, like and as, are used when creating a simile. If you are so educated, you know exactly what that is. I'm sure you have probably now offended white people that consideryour racialterms derogatory just as you offended a non-retarded person by calling him a retard (with no offense intended, uh yeah, bull$hit). And then you look like even more of an *** by trying to attack me for sticking up for other less experienced people in the forums. Oh well...your anger and inability to socially interactis your problem. Have a nice day!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

_Really back on topic_

http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repa...ques019_2.html

Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

You have thethree answers to solve the Heat Soak problem.The only other option is to findways to scavage heat from the engine bay.The best way to do this is to either use header wrap on your factory exhaust manifolds and even wrap the cats because they really put off some heat by the motor,or replace the factory exhaust with 1 3/4 L/T headers (Ceramic coated!!)& do away with the cats with an aftermarket mid pipe.You could always do away with the cats now with an off road x pipe (X pipe makes more HP then an H pipe)& still wrap the factory manifolds.This would be the cheapest route.But if $$$$$ is not an option then get the L/Ts & mid pipe.The last option would be to put an aftermarket hood on your car.The Cowl hoods would probally work best for pushing cooler air in the engine bay and letting the hot air escape at traffic lights.Hope this helps ya out!

ORIGINAL: crusher66

Thanks for the suggestions to reduce heat soak in my 07 GT 5-Sp. I need towatch the $$$. I have come up with three (3) inexpensive ways to help with this problem.
1.Reduce fan temps
2.Use Wetter Water
3.Use lower temp thermostat
Question- Is a 180 degree thermostat the best option? If 180 degree is the answer, what should the fan temps be set at? Whydoesn't Ford try to reduce the heat soak problem?
Your help is appreciated.
Very good suggestions. Another option I will add is an aftermarket radiator. Most have seen about a 10% drop in temps from them.
DANG!I knew I was forgetting something!Yeah an aluminum radiator would help also but I would rather drop that $$$$ on the L/Ts so I could get the HP & less heat soak..
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

You truly are an idiot. If you would read above AGAIN you will see that i'm not the one that called him retarded. I also have a problem with the blind leading the blind. You couldn't simply answer the question because you don't know the answer. My nephew is retarded, which makes me well aware of the symptoms. It also means that I don't use it toward people, instead I use the word ignorant religously. You had to start an arguement by correcting someone in an ignorant, foolhardy, and illiterate fashion.

Exactly how did I offend white people? I didn't mention any slurs toward white people.I don't have a problem with any race. A$$holes come in all colors. Which one are you?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Remove the fenderwell liners...?....Huh.Is there holes in the fenderwells that would allow for venting?Have you done this?

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

uuhhhhh....George, "retarded" is not a racial slur. Don't correct someone with a term that is incorrect.

For the guys that believe their cars run better in higher ambient temperatures - please tell me how well your Tornado and throttle body spacer work as well.

To help get rid of some heat, remove your fender well liners. You can also remove a section of the weatherstripping at the rear of the hood in the center. The best thing you can do would be a cowl or heat extractor hood when you can afford it.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Good god!!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:59 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

[/quote]

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

All that remails is for someone to use the phrase "nappy-headed ho" and the MF will be featured on the 6 o'clock news.......
Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

[/quote]

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

All that remails is for someone to use the phrase "nappy-headed ho" and the MF will be featured on the 6 o'clock news.......

[/quote]

Didn't take long for this thread to go down hill..........................

Quick Reply: Reducing Heat Soak in 07 GT 5-Sp