Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Review of GTA Axle-Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Beastang

Default RE: Review of GTA Axle-Back Exhaust

I have the ford racing mufflers with the BBK hi flow cats and it totally woke up the car I love it and my 14 year old loves it even more.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Anyone notice black soot on the back of their GTA's around the pipe going into the muff body? I have some around the drivers side muff, but not the passenger side. I can't feel any exhaust coming out there, but something ain't right.

Also am I the only one that has one of their mufflers making noise due to the crappy welds on the hangers? I'm going to get mine welded on the other side of the hanger to help eliminated the noise over bumps. Only one of my welds makes noise, but i'm sure the others are soon to follow.

The mufflers sound good, but with the welds and the imperfection at the bottom of the tips i'm not totally satisfied.

Mine seem to drone at idle. I'm actually serious, sounds like a low continuous bass sound. I hesitate to call it drone since it doesn't give you a splitting headache like the frpp stingers.

Sorry, i haven't read your review yet, will do now.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Anyone notice black soot on the back of their GTA's around the pipe going into the muff body? I have some around the drivers side muff, but not the passenger side. I can't feel any exhaust coming out there, but something ain't right.
I'll have to check for this one during daylight.

Also am I the only one that has one of their mufflers making noise due to the crappy welds on the hangers? I'm going to get mine welded on the other side of the hanger to help eliminated the noise over bumps. Only one of my welds makes noise, but i'm sure the others are soon to follow.
No, I don't have that one, however one of my hangers was bent during shipping due to the crappiest packing I've even seen. I'm wondering if yours could have been damaged during shipping and things are not as sturdy as they should be.

The mufflers sound good, but with the welds and the imperfection at the bottom of the tips i'm not totally satisfied.

Mine seem to drone at idle. I'm actually serious, sounds like a low continuous bass sound. I hesitate to call it drone since it doesn't give you a splitting headache like the frpp stingers.
Don't have that either. Could it be caused by the above problems?

Personally I like the GTAs, but I find them too quiet sometimes. I'm not sure if I want to jump to the Stingers though, with all these stories about drone.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Moose - i got that on my stingers too.... its carbon i believe... check out this thread on cleaning them

https://mustangforums.com/m_3070513/tm.htm
Old 05-09-2007, 01:46 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, i haven't read your review yet, will do now.

Sorry to hear that- it sounds like you might have been unlucky enough to have received a defective set (or maybe they got a bit damaged in transport because of the crappy packaging)...?
Did you contact the store where you bought them and explain the problem(s)?
There certainly shouldn't be any drone- at idle (especially with a cold motor) they have kind of a deep mean gurgle that sounds great.