Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SLP loudmoths

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP loudmoths

Mine asked why I replaced the mufflers and I said the stock ones were too quiet. She's gotten used to it but I'm about to put the X pipe and LTs next. When she saw how much they were I just said "yeah, and". She doesn't complain when I spend money though as I just bring up her shoe collection.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Gruntstanger

Have the dynatech L/T O/R X pipe with the SLP's Love the sound
Old 05-13-2007, 09:58 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: Arwing

That sucks that you have to convince your wife, just so YOU can buy something with YOUR money that YOU earned. Its YOUR life.

I have found out that your thinking might not be the best for all. I do a 100% give sort of thing. I give her 100%, and she gives me 100%. Everything we have is OURS, and WE make the decisions together.
I disagree man... With my fiance, I dont have to ask for permission and neither does she. I don't give her 100% of everything I have, and she doesn't give me 100%. Instead we just plain enjoy eachother's company. We never discuss money or how the other spends money, or discuss anything like that. We just love being around each other while enjoying our own personal lives/bank accounts/friends etc etc.

I buy whatever I want for my car. THe only time she finds out is when she rides in the car and says "wow, cool". She doesnt ask how much was it etc.

When I hear her say "I got a pedicure today" I dont care how much it was... Its her money... We just love being around each other.

ANYWAYS, to answer your question, the loudmouths are awesome. You can't convince her of it though, lol. There is no 'need' for it. Theyre just plain awesome. The end.

If she likes awesomeness then theres the reason she needs.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

Mine asked why I replaced the mufflers and I said the stock ones were too quiet. She's gotten used to it but I'm about to put the X pipe and LTs next. When she saw how much they were I just said "yeah, and". She doesn't complain when I spend money though as I just bring up her shoe collection.
Heed this warning: WATCH OUT. The loudmouths become a different beast when x-pipe, cat deletes, and/or headers are installed. We're talking a HUGE difference. If your loudmouths are loud now, they won't just be louder after the install. They'll be INSANE. Keep your stock ones nearby...
Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 PM
legendlime
2nd Gear Member

How about the old Homer Simpson bowling ball trick?
Chris
Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05GTFirefighter

OK, so I have made my mind up. Slp's are the way to go, theright sound for the right price. Here's my dilemma, how do i convince the wife that this is something i need for my everyday back and forth to work stang. I thought about just buying them behind her back, but then i heard them in person and she would know the difference along with ever one in my townhouse community.any ideas???

not a good idea! I had the mac's when i lived in a town house. I got so harassed that we had to break the lease and threatened to sue and got our deposit back
Old 05-14-2007, 01:35 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Just buy them and put them on, and have a nice pair of ear rings or something ready for when she finds out.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Just buy them and put them on, and have a nice pair of ear rings or something ready for when she finds out.
Now that is probably the safest idea.

I am planning on putting the high flow cats on. To make sure I've got this right, putting on LTs, high flow cats and an X will wake the dead? I can't wait.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
IcemanBlackGT
1st Gear Member

yea i have a problem with possibly throwing slp's on my gt, i already have illegal 20 tint all around my car so attracting more attention to my car = not a good idea but i have to have that rumble
Old 05-14-2007, 06:06 PM
cphair
1st Gear Member

Man up and buy them!

Quick Reply: SLP loudmoths