MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   SLP loudmoths (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/286897-slp-loudmoths.html)

05GTFirefighter 05-09-2007 12:07 AM

SLP loudmoths

OK, so I have made my mind up. Slp's are the way to go, theright sound for the right price. Here's my dilemma, how do i convince the wife that this is something i need for my everyday back and forth to work stang. I thought about just buying them behind her back, but then i heard them in person and she would know the difference along with ever one in my townhouse community.any ideas???

Grabber72 05-09-2007 12:09 AM

RE: SLP loudmoths

You could tell her they are more fuel effiecent since they are more free flowing. This is totally bogus of course ;)

Spdfreak 05-09-2007 12:23 AM

I had some SLP loudmoths, but they got too loud when I would turn on the porch light.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

VerginaStang 05-09-2007 12:24 AM

You can tell her that shes lucky enough to sit in the passenger seat every so often.

This of course is not going to work.
Tell her that they really arent that loud, and its just her superb hearing, and compliment her ears. i dunnoo lol

Arwing 05-09-2007 12:25 AM

That sucks that you have to convince your wife, just so YOU can buy something with YOUR money that YOU earned. Its YOUR life.

howarmat 05-09-2007 12:48 AM

No....all axlebacks are a sound mod, not performance....so anything you tell her is BS.

05GTFirefighter 05-09-2007 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

You can tell her that shes lucky enough to sit in the passenger seat every so often.

This of course is not going to work.
Tell her that they really arent that loud, and its just her superb hearing, and compliment her ears. i dunnoo lol
I can't stop laughing, that is great. I could use it when i get my supercharger also ( no hun we are not going faster it's your great sight that makes you feel like we are going fast)

GidyupGo 05-09-2007 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Arwing

That sucks that you have to convince your wife, just so YOU can buy something with YOUR money that YOU earned. Its YOUR life.

I have found out that your thinking might not be the best for all. I do a 100% give sort of thing. I give her 100%, and she gives me 100%. Everything we have is OURS, and WE make the decisions together.

ragshockey88 05-09-2007 04:10 PM

just buy them and dont tell her or tell her theres a hole in ur stock muffler and u need to buy new ones....

Black Sunshine 07 05-09-2007 09:25 PM

make sure they're is a return policy and be upfront w/ her. do the 30 min install then tell her to come outside. crank up and pop the throttle a few times, when she can't help but start grinning ear to ear tell her to get in and roll the windows down. by 3rd gear it's a done deal and she'll be in love.