Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MEZIERE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP

Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

Default MEZIERE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP

Anyone running this H2O pump on their stang? Is it worth it? Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 05:38 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MEZIERE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP

I saw an article about it when it came out, dont remember the magazine that did it though. Seems worth it if you want to squeeze every pony possible out of your car.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

since you have the UDP it will only give you around 2-3 extra HP at the most since the Pulleys are already squeezing the hp out. I wouldn't do it personally unless you were supercharged and even then I would have a cirquit to warm me when it fails because it could cost you your engine. I prefer a belt driven waterpump because if the belt breaks you loose a/c powersteering among others that let you know the belt broke with the electric it will be a slight poof in the engine bay-.-

Andrew
Old 05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the input.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Absolute must have mod for any serpentine driven FI...period. Bend a tensioner or lose a belt just once and you will instantly know what I am talking about.

Not needed for N/A but a must have for s/c.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: androdz

since you have the UDP it will only give you around 2-3 extra HP at the most since the Pulleys are already squeezing the hp out. I wouldn't do it personally unless you were supercharged and even then I would have a cirquit to warm me when it fails because it could cost you your engine. I prefer a belt driven waterpump because if the belt breaks you loose a/c powersteering among others that let you know the belt broke with the electric it will be a slight poof in the engine bay-.-

Andrew
LOL - there is no way you have ever tossed a belt with a s/c to make that statement. You will know if you tossed a belt instantly regardless of what H20 pump you have and I'm sorry, but it's a little more than a 'poof' in the engine bay.

You lose a belt - you know it INSTANTLY. What you DON'T want is to have your car towed because you can't drive it. With the EH20 pump, you'll be able to ddrive the car around 30 miles before your battery runs out.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:35 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

ORIGINAL: androdz

Andrew
LOL - there is no way you have ever tossed a belt with a s/c to make that statement. You will know if you tossed a belt instantly regardless of what H20 pump you have and I'm sorry, but it's a little more than a 'poof' in the engine bay.

You lose a belt - you know it INSTANTLY. What you DON'T want is to have your car towed because you can't drive it. With the EH20 pump, you'll be able to ddrive the car around 30 miles before your battery runs out.

Did you read the post??? On my post i specifically state I wouldn't do it unless I was supercharged and even then I would put a circuit for the pump. What I was saying is that I am against the water pump for n/a because if it fails you have no warning unlike when you have a mechanical water pump and loose your belt. That is why I said I would run the mezierre with a circuit to warn me if it would fail. When I said slight poof on the engine bay is when your engine gets toasted if the electric water pump fails and you have no warning. Anyways could you please reply to the private message about the FI question I am weary and my car is being built-.-

Cheers Andrew
Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I didn't get a PM from you??

I understand the no warning if the pump fails and having a monitor for E pump is a good idea. I was commenting specifically how you said 'IF THE BELT BREAKS' - you're post wasn't talking about just the pump failing, but specifically that if you tossed a belt, you wouldn't know it with the EH20 pump and that's why I said, 'LOL' cause if you toss a belt, you'll know it real quick regardless of what type of water pump you have.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lynwood78

Anyone running this H2O pump on their stang? Is it worth it? Thanks

Hi lynwood78,

I have one on my 2005 GT w/5speedand on the dyno it was good for somewhere between 8-12RWHP depending on RPM. It is also thea goodthingto install ifyou live in a hot climate and have a tuner that allows you to tweak the radiator fan on-off trigger temps. as it can keep your engine much cooler than a mechanical pump in traffic on even a warm day.If youinstall a Meziereyou can get your engine temps down between passes at the drag strip which makesfor lower and more consistent ETs.

HTH!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MEZIERE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP