Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

You acknowledge other stangs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: You acknowledge other stangs?

Always.
Seems silly at times because it's a small area and I run across the same cars a lot, but I still do it.
Usually a thumbs up, occasionally a wave.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:25 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I generally only wave to V6's I don't feel as important as the people who drive V8's and that causes me tension.
If its a nice car I will try to acknowldge them if they don't respond oh well. A mustang is a mustang! Just as a Vette is a Vette....you generally get a better class of peoplein Vettesthou!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orange S197GT

I wave at other Mustangs. Sometimes I'll get one in return, sometimes I get a funny look. Doesn't matter I'll keep on wavin'.

I know Corvette owners wave at each other no matter what generation their driving. I think it's a nice gesture aknowledging you're part of an unofficial "club".
+1
Old 05-12-2007, 11:00 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

I always wave or beep the horn twice to other Mustang owners.

One thing I have noticed is that there are a lot of old women driving Mustangs............I mean really old!
(around my age, 60 and older)

I pull up along side some Mustangs and look over and say to myself.............wholy crap..........man, she's an old one.
But, what makes my day is these old ladies looking back at me and smiling from ear to ear.

The young Mustang lady owners act like the Corvette ladies..............dont even acknowledge your presence. Or, maybe they look at me and say..........holy crap............man, he's an old one.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Also I never look down on a v-6 either. Why should I? Who the **** am I?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Normally if i see another stang i wave or something. but occasionally you do get the " i drive a v8 so im better then you guy". then on the other hand you get alot of other guys that give you respect because your workin with what you got and have pride in your car. either way its better then those 4 cylinder nitrous loaded civics! btw Daniel60 i love your sig. how did u do the head lights thing?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:38 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

The only time I "look down" on a V6 is when he tries to race. Then it's more of "you really shouldn't even try" attitude than anything. I drove a 2000 V6 for awhile and a good friend of mine got her 2007 V6 a month before I got my GT. She said I was so jealous I had to wreck my 2000 and get one like hers. Usually I don't initiate it but I will wave back.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:39 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

You know another thing I get. A lot of times I pass by a Mustang and a girl/woman/female is driving and my brain stunts and I wonder weither I should wave or not. I can stand the WTF looks from guys but from girls it bumps my "I feel stupid" gauge alittle more haha.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:09 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

I frequently wave. Like others I sometimes get a wave (most likely not though)and I do double clutch on the the females. I always smile though!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

Normally if i see another stang i wave or something. but occasionally you do get the " i drive a v8 so im better then you guy". then on the other hand you get alot of other guys that give you respect because your workin with what you got and have pride in your car. either way its better then those 4 cylinder nitrous loaded civics! btw Daniel60 i love your sig. how did u do the head lights thing?
Dwisforme05 I had my signature made for me and I had no ideas for it but the color. It was originally red and I ask for a darker color and it was provided. Go to his link and asked tactfully for one and you shall receive. Oh I did provide the pictures of my stang Thanks Cool Daddy.

https://mustangforums.com/forumid_234/tt.htm Ask for a signature and they will work with you.

Quick Reply: You acknowledge other stangs?