Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New mustang GT owner question (05)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Blinkwise
1st Gear Member

Default New mustang GT owner question (05)

hey guys, i have been looking around at various mustang forums since i got my used 05 about a month ago (had 10,000 miles on it so its not THAT used) and decided i liked this one the most

eitherway ive been wanting to do something to my car to increase its performance a little just for the hell of it. I dont have near the money for a supercharger, and my dad would kill me anyway if i got one. (im 21 and live on my own, but when i mentioned supercharger he just said i didnt need that kind of power, i mean come on its a common fact that dads dont appreciate music played at the appropriate level)

Ok onto my question, one thats sadly been asked what looks to be like 500+ times, but i would like to add a Cold Air Intake to my mustang as i see its the most common, and most suggested first addition to people's stangs.

Im looking to spend betwee 0-700$ on one and was looking most closely at the C&L AIR INTAKE WITH SCT X-CAL 2 2005/07 GT from brenspeed.

Whats the best valued one i can get for my pricerange?

Thanks again in advance and sorry for asking a question thats asked so often, i just need an answer tailored to my situation before i spend 700$ and find out i got a piece of crap one.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New mustang GT owner question (05)

Your generic statement about dads and loud music just ain't true. I am a 49 year old dad and appreciate Van Halen, ZZ Top, White Snake and others. The only way I know of to play them is LOUD.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

I have the jlt2, but from what I've heard you won't be dissapointed with the C&L. I probably would have gotten the C&L too, but I was trying to save a buck. Go for it...you won't regret it.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Blinkwise
1st Gear Member

lol i know it was a quote from waynes world.

My dad likes fast cars and what not, he just dosnt like me having one, lame
Old 05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Get a Cai + b a m a Tune. Race tune ofcourse
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM
GOATKILLER
2nd Gear Member

NO ONE IVE EVER TALKED TO HAS USED THE STEEDA HIGH VELOCITY INTAKE AND TUNE. I WANTED TO BE DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER STANG WITH THE BIG C&L INTAKE SO I DID SOME RESEARCH AND DECIDED THE STEEDA INTAKE WAS THE BEST FOR ME! I WENT WITH THE SCT TUNER AND GOT A CUSTOM TUNE! IT DID NOT DISSAPOINT! I DYNOED AT 317RWHP WITH ONLY THE MODS IN MY SIG AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE GREAT THROTTLE RESPONSE! IT IS GREAT AND I GET NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS! ALSO, IT MAY BE A FEW PENNIES CHEAPER THAN THE C&L DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY IT! WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, STEEDA, C&L, OR JLT, YOU CANT GO WRONG, SO ENJOY AND GIVE YOUR RIGHT FOOT WHAT IT WANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Blinkwise
1st Gear Member

i ended up buying the C&L AIR INTAKE WITH SCT X-CAL 2 2005/07 GT from brenspeed.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GOATKILLER

NO ONE IVE EVER TALKED TO HAS USED THE STEEDA HIGH VELOCITY INTAKE AND TUNE. I WANTED TO BE DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER STANG WITH THE BIG C&L INTAKE SO I DID SOME RESEARCH AND DECIDED THE STEEDA INTAKE WAS THE BEST FOR ME! I WENT WITH THE SCT TUNER AND GOT A CUSTOM TUNE! IT DID NOT DISSAPOINT! I DYNOED AT 317RWHP WITH ONLY THE MODS IN MY SIG AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE GREAT THROTTLE RESPONSE! IT IS GREAT AND I GET NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS! ALSO, IT MAY BE A FEW PENNIES CHEAPER THAN THE C&L DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY IT! WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, STEEDA, C&L, OR JLT, YOU CANT GO WRONG, SO ENJOY AND GIVE YOUR RIGHT FOOT WHAT IT WANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wanna see some dyno sheets about this??? 317 rwhp?? and maybe a 1/4 mile time also
Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

i know i'm not getting 317 out of my Steeda cai+tune with stingers... maybe he got the magic pack... nonetheless, i got mine for under 650 from brenspeed with 3 tunes
Old 05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

ORIGINAL: GOATKILLER

i wanna see some dyno sheets about this??? 317 rwhp?? and maybe a 1/4 mile time also
+1

Quick Reply: New mustang GT owner question (05)