Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I cant stop spending money!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: I cant stop spending money!!

It will never end.....it is like alcoholism or being a drug addict! Just looking for the next fix......and so the addiction goes on and on
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the club, its exactly like a crack addiction haha! i havent done anything in about 1 month and i feel absolutely horrible...lol
Old 05-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Obsession,I think not. It's good for the economy! Plus it makes you and your mustanghappy. It worse than drugs and just as fun. Did I just say that......Buy Buy Buy......hell you only live once! You are judged by the car you drive!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:48 AM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobsmilie2000
will it ever end?
The 'cure' for such a condition is to get a wife.
If you already have one and she has no major issues with your 'affliction' then you are truly a blessed man.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Rudiepoo1
1st Gear Member

That should be the phrase of the year! I'm sure everyone can relate here, I'm also planning on getting 4.10's installed tomorrow hopefully. If I can make a suggestion. I would pass on the cams & TB. Unless your planning on building up that engine and doing some headwork or adding asuperchargerthe cams just won't be worth it for the money you'll lay out. You may gain some hp but your going to lose some torque. Also there's not one TB except for the GT500 package that JDM has put together that's going to do anything for your setup except cause problems while maybe adding 2-5hp at best. The GT500 one won't gain you much hpagain unless you have a built up motor and a supercharger. Even then you need to be running some pretty hightboost to see the best gains. Just some suggestions but there's plenty of cases to support this information. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: owero01

Don't forget the short throw shifter. I got the Pro 5.0.
or the MGW!!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:29 PM
NYWTMAI

I guess I'm blessed then since I am married and my wife is ok with all the mods I am thinking and planning on doing. She loves the Stang almost as much as I do.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:31 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

400 N/A is not an easy task...

are you talking 400 crank? or 400 wheel?

cause for 400 wheel you'll need to do heads, cams and other internals...
note, a cam alone is useless...and stay away from the throttle body...

do the pullies, delete plates, finish your exhaust, an intake and a good tune and you'll be sittin round 340 wheel which is about 390 crank...

the next thing is internals...but you gotta do cams and heads to really notice a difference, cams alone are useless and from what ive heard a good set of heads are the answer over cams...i'd leave the cams stock...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

she wont let me use the kitchen budge on an sc
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Rudiepoo1

That should be the phrase of the year! I'm sure everyone can relate here, I'm also planning on getting 4.10's installed tomorrow hopefully. If I can make a suggestion. I would pass on the cams & TB. Unless your planning on building up that engine and doing some headwork or adding asuperchargerthe cams just won't be worth it for the money you'll lay out. You may gain some hp but your going to lose some torque. Also there's not one TB except for the GT500 package that JDM has put together that's going to do anything for your setup except cause problems while maybe adding 2-5hp at best. The GT500 one won't gain you much hpagain unless you have a built up motor and a supercharger. Even then you need to be running some pretty hightboost to see the best gains. Just some suggestions but there's plenty of cases to support this information. Good luck.
Check this guys ride out, not sure if he did head work but he picked up 28 rwhp from his cams.

https://mustangforums.com/m_2284371/tm.htm

Quick Reply: I cant stop spending money!!